2 Problems with Scope and Cubase SE3

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

mediamalte

2 Problems with Scope and Cubase SE3

Post by mediamalte »

Hi,

I'm using a Scope Card (Luna/ Scope home) with Cutmaster and Triple LE for some Years. Now I try to work with Cubase SE3 too, but there are 2 problems:

The XTC Effects are brown colored and not active. i read a solution on this boards (frist deaktivate - restart, aktivate, refresh and so on...) but it doesn't work. And the Instruments are not even listed :-?

I'm recording with an Behringer Ultragain ADAT Interface but with Asio Creamware I can just select the analog Stereo In and Out of my Lunacard - how can I select the ADAT Interface?

Can anyone help me??
voidar

Post by voidar »

Is the Luna ADAT source loaded into your XTCproject?

Or try ASIO Control Panel, make sure ADAT is checked.
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

Sorry I 'm not sure, that I understand your solutions:

In the Scope routing Window the ADAT source is loaded - exists a seperate XTC Project or did you mean something in Cubase?

In the Asio controll panel of Cubase are just the analog In and Out no ADAT - how can I make sure that ADAT is checked?

Thanks for the answer :)
voidar

Post by voidar »

XTC mode uses a project file called XTCproject.pro located in App/XtcApp.

You need to edit this for your IO needs in XTC.
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

Thanx for the help , the ADAT Interface works :D

I've used the XTC project for routing but the XTC Effects are still brown colored :(

I Think, there could be two reasons:
1. My routing is still wrong - so I atached a screenshot of it (the effects at the ADAT Interface are just for the Vocalrecording - not for XTC)
2. Maybe I've got problems with the Effect devices - must all XTC and normaly VST Effects in one directory?
Attachments
Scope Project XTC Cubase.jpg
Scope Project XTC Cubase.jpg (114.94 KiB) Viewed 10565 times
hubird

Post by hubird »

you have to rename all .dev extensions to .mdl (or the other way around) and put them in the VST folder.
No XTC on Macintosh, so I don't know exactly the ins and outs.
Try a search on planetz for something like XTC renaming trick, maybe it is in the tipps and ticks forum.
Someone will help :-)
garyb

Post by garyb »

everytime you start in scope mode, cubase disables the xtc plugins(they're unavailable in scope mode). reenable them in xtc mode and they should work.
voidar

Post by voidar »

hubird wrote:you have to rename all .dev extensions to .mdl (or the other way around) and put them in the VST folder.
No XTC on Macintosh, so I don't know exactly the ins and outs.
Try a search on planetz for something like XTC renaming trick, maybe it is in the tipps and ticks forum.
Someone will help :-)
This is only for devices that don't work properly in XTC-mode when put in the routing window, i.e. most mixers.
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

Thanks for the tips
I renamed the devices with the "XTC_converter" and copied them in the XTC folder but they are still not activ. Even the vzrecording is list in Cubase but if I want to start it, cubase can't find the sampler :-?
Scope Home + Pulsar 1/ AMD Opteron 2,4 Ghz/ 3 Gig Ram/ Nvidia 7800GT/ a lot of HD Space :-) and Windows 7
the19thbear

t7

Post by the19thbear »

i used the xtc converter and i didnt work erither, my xtc project are wokring though!! do a search for gonzo and you should find a good description on how to get your xtc plugs to work!
AND i have cubase sx 2 and 3 as well, and the xtc plugins dont work in sx3, there is a trick though, but i forgot it.. do a search on the19thbear in the author field and you can find an answer...

but let me tell you, as soon as you get xtc mode running, its amazing!!!
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

It's so sad! I still can't use the XTC Mod. I've bought a Pulsar one and toght, this would be the right time to renew the whole system. So I installed all new - but the XTC Plug Ins are still brown marked in Cubase!

@ garyb - how should I reenable the plug Ins? I can mark the Plug Ins and refresh them with no result.

I read in the manual that I must start the Sequenzer befor starting the LiveBar but if I start the Sequenzer without the LiveBar it can't find the right ASIO driver and the XTC Plug ins are still brown.

Here is the PlugIns Info from Cubase SE3 maybe somone can find the Problem in here :-?
Attachments
pluginsInfo.txt
Cubase PlugIn InfoText
(46.3 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
Scope Home + Pulsar 1/ AMD Opteron 2,4 Ghz/ 3 Gig Ram/ Nvidia 7800GT/ a lot of HD Space :-) and Windows 7
the19thbear

ok

Post by the19thbear »

I would try to get may hands on an earlier version of cubase ( sx 2)and see if the xtc plugins work! i have had problems with cubase sx3 and xtc as well!
good luck! and dotn give up! xtc mode is very cool!

did you have a look at this? http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... =gonzo+xtc

search for gonzo and xtc, he made a manual as well!
garyb

Post by garyb »

xtc plugins can only be used in xtc mode. the can only be enabled in xtc mode as well. why do you need xtc mode? just to use them in the cubase mixer? i don't find that to be any real advantage(i really thought it would be at first, years ago), but if it works best for you, it's all good.... :wink:
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

The Problem is, I'm making a distance learning course in Cubase with certificate.
In this study I must work with Cubase SE 3 and use only Cubase Plug Ins - so I can't switch to an older Cubase ore use the PlugIns seperate in Cutmaster.

So my problem is still there - and I think that Creamware/ Soniccore don't have a real supportservice :(

By the way - can I use an older Cubase with my SE 3 Serial? How can I get an older Version?

@ the19thbear - thanks for the link :-)
garyb

Post by garyb »

it works with that version of cubase in xtc mode.

that xtcproject.pro won't work. you don't get scope mixers and effects inside the project like that for xtc mode. you load effects in the cubase mixer in xtc mode, you don't get as many routing options, that's what it's for(although there is a trick to use the scope mixers in xtc mode). what happened to the original?
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

Thanks for the tipps,
the PlugIns are active in the XTC Mode now! :D
I've forgot to activate the function "connect effects/ instruments to seq" :roll:
But know Scope ASIO don't work anymore if the Scope Software is off.
So I can't hear the great PlugIns or anything else....
How can I use Scope ASIO when the Scope Plattform is off? And without the routingwindow I don't know how I can chose the ADAT Interface directly in Cubase for recordings....
mediamalte

Post by mediamalte »

The Porblem hasd changed again:
Know I can hear and record and the effects are not disabled, but I can't use them.
If I close Scope and start Cubase - the software can't use the Scope ASIO. If I don't close Scope ASIO is there and Monitoring and recording too, but the PlugIns are useless....

Here is my Routing:
Attachments
Scope XTC Routing.jpg
Scope XTC Routing.jpg (118.41 KiB) Viewed 9656 times