Routing the Scope?

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Hangee_77

Post by Hangee_77 »

I would like to ask for suggestion in patching my scope internal routing systems.
I use Nuendo2 and Gigastudio with 2 Creamware cards (Pulsar2 Z-link & Luna2) & Motu 2408 MKII on the same PC. At this moment, I use the Motu as my Gigastudio audio analog outputs to Luna2 as my Nuendo2 audio analog I/Os. I was thinking to add one more synth, the Creamware Modular. Is it possible to run the Nuendo2, Gigastudio, & Creamware Modular synths at the same time on the same machine? How do you route that internal & external?
Hangee_77

Post by Hangee_77 »

So, everything is internally routed inside the scope and there is no need for the Motu?

hc.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

correct.

motu might be fine for other in/outs though.
Hangee_77

Post by Hangee_77 »

So in order to take advantage of the Scope internal routing systems, I have to run this in Scope mode?
garyb

Post by garyb »

and when you get the virtual reality thing, scope mode is easier anyway....
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

On 2005-03-01 19:12, piddi wrote:
correct.

motu might be fine for other in/outs though.
I tried the MOTU before getting a 01V. The MOTU installation was a runaround, hardware found install drivers and software. Fire up the software, hardware not found....10 times around like this and back to the store it went.
Hangee_77

Post by Hangee_77 »

But the Modular Synth only can be run in Scope mode anyway?
garyb

Post by garyb »

true.
the scope environment is really easy. it cables and behaves just like the real room you are sitting in.

a sequencer is just another virtual device in the scope environment(a sequencer is kinda like a vs-880 with midi or a qy7 with audio). the io modules(asio,wav and seq. midi) are the cable ports for the sequencer(or other program). multiple wav and sequencer midi modules can be used by multiple programs(or the same program) but asio can be used by only one program. the number of asio ports can be any number between 2 and 64 that you like however, and you CAN use both wav and asio modules(for multiple programs) if you wish.

scope devices(synths, midi devices, mixers, effects, amps) can cable to your software and hardware(real world) ports in anyway you wish, excepting midi has to connect to midi, audio to audio, and in to out/out to in, just like in a real room.

have fun, you can do almost whatever you might want to....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2005-03-02 19:18 ]</font>
Hangee_77

Post by Hangee_77 »

Anyone knows how to place jpg file to the forum, I would like to show my scope window?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Just post it in the Projects section and put the link to it in this thread.
Hangee_77

Post by Hangee_77 »

I have 2 Creamware cards installed in my PC, the LUna2 & Pulsar2, but I use the Luna's analog I/O, instead of the Pulsar's.
The problem is in my Gigastudio, there is only 2 hardware options: Motu2408 & Scope/Pulsar Multichannel Driver. There is no Luna option and it doesn't sound, no signal in the STM mixer. I'm using the Gigasampler.pro setup in the scope window, so I'm pretty sure there is no problem with the scope routing.

hc.
Hangee_77

Post by Hangee_77 »