how to limit MIDI from 0 to 100 (not 127)

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

liberty

Post by liberty »

Hello all!
I need to limit midi up to 100.
i control my SFP with UC-16 midi controller, and i want to limit in one chan. volume, the maximum value. by default it is 127 and i want it 100

thank you!
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Is the MIDI routed through a sequencer?

If so, perhaps you can use the sequencer's Input Transformer (or equivalent) to acheive this.

Royston
liberty

Post by liberty »

no, the midi controller external unit is connected directly to the pulsar's MIDI IN jack..
hubird

Post by hubird »

normally your controller should take care of this :smile:
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

Mm, I really need to release that Logic Transfo clone :razz:
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

liberty wrote:
no, the midi controller external unit is connected directly to the pulsar's MIDI IN jack..
Mine too; you can still route that through your sequencer...
garyb

Post by garyb »

sure can...
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Hi Liberty,
I'm not familiar with a UC-16 but I use the Kenton Control Freak as my midi controller.
When programming a slider with the Freak you are able to set midi lowest value and midi highest value. Can the UC-16 do this?
I've uploaded a simple conversion chart in the "Tools" forum. It's not exact but it's exact enough.
In terms of the controller values, I feel that only 3 values are significant anyway:
1 - Controller off or at it's lowest (for sustain this is an on/off thing anyway)
100 or 128 - Max value
50 or 64 - Critical for centre pan position.

All others, to my way of thinking, will depend on the sound that you're changing via that controller. That is, the value is irrelevant - it is the sound that is important. The main thing is that the values are controlled.

Hope that helps.
narly

Post by narly »

I have a UC-16 also - it only allows you to program CC and MIDI Channel per knob AFAIK - not as elaborate as the Control Freak...