HOW TO DO IT ?!

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Ed

Post by Ed »

Hello!
My question is possibly strange but...
What steps need I do to get my soundscape "breathin'"... Is this in compression or reverberation?
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

Compressing the reverb output works =P. Try sidechaining the compressor with your kickdrum (or whichever element you want to control the breathing with.)
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hm... I thought about it...
I have an example of what I mean: AIR "Talkie Walkie". There is the real air between each clear sound... amazing!..
hubird

Post by hubird »

Image................... ' I fly with Talkie Walkie AIR lines '
blazesboylan

Post by blazesboylan »

Maybe I haven't tried hard enough but... I've never heard a plugin compressor "pump and breathe"... Usually with outboard compressors it happens when you play with the release (e.g. setting ratio high, threshold fairly low, attack somewhat slow, and release very quick). Maybe I've just never hit the right settings with the plugin comps?

(I generally don't like pumping and breathing anyway. Sounds artificial to my ears. At least on rock'n'roll -- it probably depends on the style of music you're making.)

$0.02,

Johann
Ed

Post by Ed »

A mix of rock (30%) & electonic music.
Anyway thanx everyone who splitted his ideas and gave a slice to me... Thanx for aid.