Luna II, SCOPE, and beyond, the adventures of a noob

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

mazyar

Post by mazyar »

Hi all,

First time poster to this forum. I apologize before hand if this topic belongs to a different forum/section.

I am a med-student/former techie who knows very little about music (including the software/hardware part of it). My wife is the musician between the two of us, she plays the piano and sings.

So, I am trying to make her a virtual studio.

I have a Athlon 2400+, soyo DRAGON ultra platinum, 1 gig really fast mem, 80gig WD HD, Luna II card, and Cubase SX. I have attached her keyboard via midi-in to the card, and a pair of speakers to audio-out. I have attached her 4-track via audio-in. I would like cubase to mod/record the midi, while also recording audio from the 4-track, without considerable delay.

I just somehow managed to fudge around with SCOPE (file attached) and have sound coming out from the pc. I also have midi recordable via the same set-up. I have to admit that there is a huge learning curve for me to learn the set-up and I have no idea what to look/read.

I have attached my SCOPE set-up. My main needs are to record midi from the keyboard, audio-in from the four track, and sound out through audio-out.

Although I have the above covered, I just wanted to double check with the experts to make sure the set up is as it should be. ( I am not gonna even start with cubase…)

Please help.

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mazyar on 2004-02-19 19:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAZYAR on 2004-02-23 19:43 ]</font>
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hello Mazyar, and Welcome to the Forum! :smile:

Don't worry, but please, direct yourself to the Problem Solving forum for this... everybody is going to answer you much faster anyway. Cheers.

Note: just do a copy past of what you have already written, and post the picture again...
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
mazyar

Post by mazyar »

Thank you nester for the heads up.

BTW, I was not able to upload the file in that thread...
Instead, I just linked it to this topic, I hope that is ok.

Thanks again.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Taking a look at your routing, you'd first of all want to connect the MixL and MixR from your mixer to the wav dest module. Else you probably won't be able to record your master mix.

Other than that, it seems fine. You're not using the SPDIF outs are you? Either way, you don't want to connect your SPDIF dest to your wav dest. It doesn't make sense to have 2 dest modules connected.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2004-02-20 13:40 ]</font>
mazyar

Post by mazyar »

Thanks guys, I will follow this thread in the problem solving section.
mazyar

Post by mazyar »

BTW, I have replaced the original jpg file with a new snap shot of my config...