Control Room with 5.1 Setup...

A space for learning and studying the Scope environment and music-making in general.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post Reply
thehe
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Control Room with 5.1 Setup...

Post by thehe »

Hey guys,

currently I have a 5.1 Tannoy setup in my Control Room but (because of space problems) my primary three screens are located between center and right monitor...

I have a z-link box (8 channels) connected to the dolby setup:
1 - L
2 - C
3 - R
4 - SBL
5 - SBR
6 - Sub
7 - LS
8 - LR

What I currently did was just connecting the main mix stereo out to:

L -> C (2)
R -> R (3)
L -> SBL (4)
R -> SBR (5)
L -> High-Cut -> Sub (6) for a little bit of PUNCH...

but I think it's not a good idea to pull the Subwoofer-Signal out of just one Channel of the stereo-mix...
There's not enough boom, the Tannoys are currently NOTHING below ~80Hz and I don't want them to connect to the subwoofer X-over for some reasons.

Now I used the STM 16S for the mix - but this creates the typical dolby-experience and does not represent the original mix and eats a lot of DSPP...
The sub sounds great (with XOver set to 82Hz)...

If I use just a MicroMixer in Mono-Mode and mix L+R a little bit, the sub sounds strange again...

Any constructive ideas? (i know that's not IDEAL!)

Greetings,

Robin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post Reply