Combining STS5000 and XTC mode in Cubase SX

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

Hi All,

I just got me a Powersampler because of it's STS5000 sampler.

I already own a Pulsar II which I mostly use in XTC mode (and this works fine for me).

However, I just found out that you can't use the STS5000 in XTC mode! I already searched this forum, but could not find anything on how to set up both cards properly so that I can continue working in XTC mode with my Pulsar II and use the STS from the project window.

The way I connected the STS in the project window is as follows:

I connected the Seq. midi source 1 module to the midi in of the sts5000 and I connected the outputs to the ASIO dest module.

I also connected the AnalogSource module to the STS's Rec L+R for recording.

When I have Cubase running I can't open the project window to do editing or recording in STS.

I know there's an easy answer to this issue, however it might be I'm too stupid to understand.

Any suggestions? Or do I just have to enable some sort of option in SX to get the STS working?

Cheers

Acid :eek:
glasswool

Post by glasswool »

I am having the same problem with my STS3000, it appears that at the moment the STS cannot be used as a VST plugin, or is there a work around?
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

The STS samplers do NOT work in XTC mode, and you CANNOT use sfp- and xtc mode at the same time...
The only solution in xtc-mode is to use the Volkzampler vst-plugin instead, but it's pretty cpu-heavy and lacks the timestretch features. (Amongst other things.)

Kim.
glasswool

Post by glasswool »

Can anything be done useing the XTC project file?
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

The XTC-mode SFP sampler is the 'Volkzampler' (sp?)

I've never used it personally (not an XTC man myself), but AFAIK it's pretty STS-like.

HTH,

Royston

edit: sorry Kim, I missed the Volkz bit of your posting!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Counterparts on 2003-10-20 04:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Counterparts on 2003-10-20 05:01 ]</font>
glasswool

Post by glasswool »

I loaded ST3000 in 'XTCproject.pro' now if I try to start Sonar it throws up errors saying that a whole lot of dll's cannot be found (Specially PepSProgram.dll) am I doing something wrong? most other modules and plugins work this way except STS3000... is there a way out?
siberiansun

Post by siberiansun »

well....
On 2003-10-19 14:25, kimgr wrote:
The STS samplers do NOT work in XTC mode, and you CANNOT use sfp- and xtc mode at the same time...
The only solution in xtc-mode is to use the Volkzampler vst-plugin instead, but it's pretty cpu-heavy and lacks the timestretch features. (Amongst other things.)

Kim.
that could be a hint :wink: