Looping in STS

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

magico

Post by magico »

Hello,
i'm new to STS and find it hard to make loops in it. finding the loop point etc...
I'm talking about strings, pads etc, not drum loops.

I've seen a thread that talks about a program that makes it easy to make loops for sts ? http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 3&forum=20

But does it mean that i can save waves with loop info (in soudforge for ex) and import in sts !? or is it only with the sts function that you can do loops ?

Thanks for the help.
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

It is a program for looping .wav samples.
So you can use it with the STS or almost any program for that matter.
And yes, it saves the loop data with the sound.
However there has been reports with incompabilies on looped .wav sounds.
I have no problem though.
Itworks fine.

And that program really saves a lot of time.
zoofar

Post by zoofar »

There is a non-free piece of software called wavelab 4.0 (Steinberg), that has easy loop-editing and wave-editing functions. It's a proffesional program so it has all the functions you could ask for in sound manipulation. When it comes to sample-editing (wich is just a feature), I only tried out the loop function, wich is quite good, as it has an automatic loop-start-end point search function, making it very easy and quick to make seamless loops. (This involves some fading options also, and lots more). All loop parameters are saved with file and readable by STS-samplers. (no extra work)

I can't really compare this to any other software, as I haven't tried other software yet! Still searching actually :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zoofar on 2003-05-28 04:22 ]</font>