Reloading projects with sts in it

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

This problem's always gets on my nerves.. why doesn't any of the sts series load the samples when the project is recalled? Every time I reload the project, I need to reload all the sts programs.. is this usual?? Isn't it supposed to search for my sts programs or something?
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

I dunno, i never had this, mine reload all programs all the times...

Have you created a preset in your preset list? Usually, i do this by default, just to make sure i don't loose nothing, maybe that's what make it work? Try it anyway, and tell us, this is maybe just an undocumented 'how-to use your STS' fact...
caleb

Post by caleb »

I don't think I've had that problem either Kensuguro.

I have had niggles with these devices but that really isn't one of them.
Caleb

Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

aha, that preset trick definitely works. But there's gotta be a work around for this, or I'm doing something wrong.. dunno.. oh well, it's kind of strange to be saving presets for every time I use STS but it works. Maybe it's something like the mixer not reloading effects properly.

Thanx for the help guys!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2002-05-05 22:39 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

I've also never had this problem ken:

You must save your STS programs each separately. You only need to do that once if you create or edit them, then they should reload just fine.

Also, if you used samples directly off an AKAI CD (I wouldn't suggest this: I would instead copy the samples off the CD onto your harddisk so you can avoid CD swapping), perhaps the CD isn't in the drive?