Why do all the fancy sts5000 stuff in realtime?

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

It is my impression, that it does consume quite a lot of power to do this formant and timestreching stuff. So why not have a program, that does it all at once and never again?

What I am searching for is a tool, that works like this:

1) I have recorded the sample of my life.
2) I push a button.
3) my machine works for ages.
4) I've got all the samples from the lowest key on my keyboard to the highest one.
5) Now I can just load the whole bunch of them as one sample program. No more need for DSP/CPU hungry realtime processing.

Does anyone know of such a tool?
If not, feel free to steal my idea, make the program and sell a copy of it to me :wink:

Immanuel
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Interesting idea, I like it. I suppose it would simply take quite a bit of RAM, and there are no "real time"-native-streaming solutions on computers that I know of (there is latency on all native samplers like giga, etc). I suppose as processor power increases and lower latencies are possible, a disk-streaming solution like this might be possible. But to do it realtime in RAM would take too much space probably...
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Edit to step 4:

4) I've got all the samples from the lowest key on my keyboard to the highest one ON MY HARD DRIVE - the proces only needs to be done once, after that I will allways load from my hard drive.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.