Drum-Fire Samples: Anybody?

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

Greetz!

So I have an analog drum synth: The DrumFire DF500 - It is sorta neat - 5 individual outs and 5 trigger ins + all of the normal analog drum synth parameters. Especially cool is using the output of one synth for the input of another for 5 osc. kicks, etc.

Well, I am gonna sell it. But, first I think I might sample it. It would be cool to have the sounds. Also, AFAIK, No one has sampled this machine before. This is why I am posting - would any of YOU like these samples? I was gonna do it nice - Use a tube pre-amp, my fancy convertors, record 24/96 and such. (Maybe I shouldn't use the tube preamp?). It would amount to about 25 or so samples. whattya think?
borg

Post by borg »

i think it won't do any wrong to download an 'algorhythm drum sound addition' right into my system :wink:
i havn't used STS yet though. i went through the modular manual this weekend (well, not entirely, :oops: ) and would like to get the basics of this fellow before knocking on the sampler's door.
i hope 3.1 won't bring too much changes :eek: i intend to stop reading and trying out things before my kids leave the house (and i don't even have them yet)
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Yes, Please! BTW - I am unfamiliar with the DF500 and can't find anything about it on google either... pictures? Specs? Please... :smile:
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

EZ there, sub :wink:

http://www.keyboardmuseum.com/pic/d/drfr/fire500.jpg

a real tweakbox. actually, I just won a mint tr-707 on ebay for $100 - as you know, it has individual outs. of course, this means that these are going to the individual ins of the DF500 - That means an 5 channel analog + sample drum mega-drum machine for $150. The cheapest 909 clone ever? :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: algorhythm on 2002-03-31 18:34 ]</font>