THE DEFACTO ACOUSITC DRUM SAMPLE LIBRARY

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ohmelas

Post by ohmelas »

Here's an interesting thread to start...

Is anyone out there using Bob Clearmountain and Ross Garfield? They make good products but what if I want more? What's the next step up in sample productivity. What if I want more room ambience. The samples when loaded into STS are so flat and lifeless.

I tried that new Roland drum card on a XV synth and liked that a little better. It breathed to me, especially on the toms with the little bit of snare noise/rattles on the tom sample.

Let's get this one started. Who's using stuff out there? How about Real Giga Drums? I was considering it---any users out there?
Howard Salter Dot Com
Musician, Marine Corpsman, and Father
Milwaukee, WI USA
thermos

Post by thermos »

check out http://www.wizoosounds.com
their mixtended drum series has a very live dynamic feel, but the programs will need some tweaking.
the other drums(single hits, kits) wizoo offer are also very good.

ps: its not sts format so you will have to convert
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

I have one of the Bob Clearmountain sample CD's "Drums 2". It is pretty good. I mainly got it because of the amount of cymbal/hi hat samples. Lots of variation. But what annoys me is that a lot of the samples have effects on them and the Kick samples have dynamics applied to them. What I would like is a sample CD that has an awesome kit and excellent micing but no dynamics at all and no effects added, just the raw sound captured. Is there such a sample CD?
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Well, have you check if Real Megadrums from Bestservice ( http://www.bestservice.de/ ) is something for you ?

Cheers
Stubbe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stubbe on 2002-03-31 13:56 ]</font>
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Thanks stubbe, I'll have a look. :smile:
ohmelas

Post by ohmelas »

You know, I was surfing sounds online and came across the Real Mega-drums I/II series and I'm considering it. What I'd like to know from the STS crowd is if anybody is using that series. I listened to the demo and was impressed. I was more impressed with the S5000 version: Real Mega-Drums with the ambience of overheads set up as a second or third patch that you just mix in. Neat concept!

The guys over at Chicken systems recommend I check out the Erskine stuff:

"I'm not an expert, but we've seen the Erskine stuff - 12 velocities."

Hmm, I'm headed there right now. Maybe I'll have to buy all three but I don't want to shell out $500 for 3 different tools if I only need one.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

What about the Platinum Drum|24 series, anyone used those?