How to record a sample in sts5k?

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dito

How to record a sample in sts5k?

Post by dito »

I want to make a recording with sts5k sampler. Recording the carries out, for example from the module "wave source" (media player).
1 - Position the sts5k.
2 - Routing the signal from "wave source" to STS (RECL-RecR) and outputs SplL-SplR and L-R to minimixer and later by "pulsar analog dest".
3 - I create a new Program in STS.
4 - I create a new KeyGroupList.
5? - What do I do next?. I open the SampleEditor but let me give it to the record button.
I get signal in SampleEditor but I can not record it.
In the Zones window only lets me load a sample. I do not want to load a sample. I just try to record or sample (from the mediaplayer or a microphone via the analog inputs).

What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do?.

Thanks.
dito

Re: How to record a sample in sts5k?

Post by dito »

:-?
garyb

Re: How to record a sample in sts5k?

Post by garyb »

the STS is a very old(but very cool) sampler. it's logic is based on the classic Akai sampler(S1000, i believe). you have to go through the same function to record as the old sampler. if you just want to record something quickly, use wavelab or a sequencer. edit it and then use it in the sampler. that would be more fun. if you really want to record in the sampler(and there are reasons to do so, i guess), then you need to follow the directions in the manual step by step. it will seem strange at first, but it's all about playing the sample back via a midi controller.

you will need to create a new pogram, assign a new keygroup, choose the smaple menu and right click for a new sample mono, stereo or whatever and then you'll get a window asking for a location to save the sample to. then you can record in the edit window.

i take it the you know that the manual is under the ? on the live bar. open the sts5000 manual and follow the instructions starting at "sampling tutorial" and ending at "terminating the rocording". if you just follow the whole process, you'll know all about it. if you go all the way to "autochord mode", you'll be a master.