Compatible Samples

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

broken_halo

Compatible Samples

Post by broken_halo »

hey all , I have been using creamware for some time now but am getting more clients asking for content with a bit more sampling. I opted for the mix n master pack when I got my creamware so my samples are limited. Can I create my own samples in .wav format and use them in place. Im not looking to do any extremes. I also have an akai studio piano package , as I was told that akai samples work with the sts .....but have not figured out how to do that yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Neil
The Little Studio
Lima

Re: Compatible Samples

Post by Lima »

Hi Neil and welcome :-)
With the STS you can load wav samples and the Akay S2000 format, but not the newer formats as far as I know.
You can load the Soundblaster's soundfonts (.sf2) also. Searching on the net you can find a lot of free soundfonts.
And with the STS samplers you can record your personal samples and save them in the sampler's format obviously

Cheers! :-)
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
dawman

Re: Compatible Samples

Post by dawman »

Just loaded STS5000 for the first time ever. It's a really good sampler, I am shocked I never tried this before.

I doubt I could use this live w/ the current RAM limitations, but if SC brings this up to spec, in XITE-1 / Scope 5.0 I will give it a whirl.

I just converted some 6 articulations that I like in for Trumpet sections from K2 to Gigastudio and thought I'd try the STS out. Excellent and fast using Extreme Sample Converter.

I have purchased so many libraries that I won't be needing very many more, but what I do need is to have the content I can't use in Giga or K2 all working as Giga using GVI until I find the app that suits me most.

I too have been looking and loyally staying w/ Giga and Kpntackt for some time now. GS4 still needs a little work to fix some bugs, but the STS stuff is just so MIDI friendly, it's a pity if it doesn't get more attention.

Everyone keeps asking for new stuff in Scope 5.0. I think if Holger and the boys just concentrate on bringing back the dead and resurecting some of the apps we already have in Scope, that would be what the world needs. An all in one appraoch like they sought to do back in 1999.

VDAT is plenty capable, Modular II & III w/ Flexor ( 4.0? ), and STS samplers w/o current limitations would be great. SpaceF's LBH and MiniSeq. along w/ some Modular connections could be used w/ VDAT to make a super seuencer. I am looking at it's possibilities right now using Clock 2 Click and a simple Metronome device by Alfonso.

I am very optimistic, and whatever is not released at first, we can continue quacking at Holger and Ralf about what would be nice.

Afterall they do want to sell many of these units, and they already have so many strong selling points. Just a little polishing up and removing some cobwebs..............Voila !!

I am very optimistic. :D

Strength And Honor.

Patch conversions:

Imported formats:
Exported formats:

Yamaha TYROS (Custom Normal)
Yamaha TYROS (Custom Normal)

Renoise (XRNI instrument and XRNS song)
Renoise (XRNI instrument)

Dash Signature
Dash Signature

Virtual Sampling (VSTi plugins)
-

Hardware Sampling
-

SoundFonts

(16-bit only, 24-bit under development)
SoundFonts

(16-bit only, 24-bit under development)

GigaSampler

GigaStudio 1.0

GigaStudio 2.0

GigaStudio 3.0

Full support for accelerated 16-bit and 24-bit files and splitted giga files *.gx01.
GigaSampler

GigaStudio 3

Solton MS (keyboard)
Solton MS-40/50/60 (keyboard)

Sampletank 1.0
Sampletank 1.0

DLS Downloadable Sounds (full stereo support)
DLS Downloadable Sounds (full stereo support)

SampleFarm
-

DS404
DS404

Creamware STS

Creamware Sample
Creamware STS

AKAI S5000/S6000

AKAI Z4/Z8
AKAI S5000/S6000/Z4/Z8

(16-bit or 24-bit export)

Halion 1.0