Chance @ Getting The Documentary Contract.

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Chance @ Getting The Documentary Contract.

Post by dawman »

This was the best place to ask 4 help, so here's the deal. The studio that contracts work here in Las Vegas has a promoter w/ his hands on contracts estimated in the millions !! It is a very versatile facility, but mainly video / post work. Well the head promoter ( cash man ) loves my synths, and has used me from time to time in various commercials and segues.
I have to compile little 8 bar compositions that represent Oceanic soundscape. windy canyons, etc. I then submit these to the engineers who give it the thumbs up. But much of my content is SFX / Foley based.

I only lack one sound that I can think of. When diving is being done, I have the snorkel breathing / bubbles, but I thought that I would need some extra stuff this time around, so I really need the " Ping " that you hear radar sending from a submarine.

Think of the movie " Red October ". Give me one ping, one ping only, but Captain,.....One ping only ?

Thank You, Any format is fine as I have Extreme Sample Converter, and Translator. I have an extensive SFX Giga Cube / Foley DVD, but that sound was not included 4 some reason.
hubird

Post by hubird »

will look at it when home tonight :-)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Hubird,
I have a Sine Oscillator version I made, but it sounds more like outer space than under vassar.
hubird

Post by hubird »

There's a kind of blib/radiocontact thingy in a track that I once made for a theatre show.
It's about a ship going down or something.
The track is here:
http://www.ezsound.nl/pages/EZstage.html
Can't catch the full link, so take the song called Titanic.
I will look in my sample cd collection for alternatives, tonight, if noone else something offered in the meanwhile :-)
Janni

Post by Janni »

just sent you a sound I just used today...
Cheers,
Jan
husker

Post by husker »

if you google 'sonar ping wav' you get a bunch of options... (it's not radar :-))

get the real thing here:

http://wavcentral.com/movies/hunt_october.html
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Husker, that link takes you to a page which says you're downloading mp3s, when infact you're downloading '.cgi' files. Maybe I'm being picky, but that seems a bit wrong somehow.
husker

Post by husker »

I think you're being a bit picky! A CGI is a server side script, which means they are pulling the sound files out of a database. It would be the same as being worried that planetz was running off 'php' files and not htm :-)

Anyway in IE, you can right-click and save as an MP3 so what's the problem? Maybe your Firefox is having a problem with this?
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

No, it's just me being me, talking in riddles etc :roll:
hubird

Post by hubird »

Bleeps and radio noise:

http://www.ezsound.nl/huub/PlanetZ/Blibs&Noise/

building blocks... :-)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Wow, This Is Such An Efficient Forum,
Thankx my Brothas' as I have recieved the real thing from Husker, and many nice blips from Hubird also. This should do it. WAV Central, and EZ are great links also.

One Ping Vasilly,....One Ping Only.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Sucsess !!!
I can't believe how fast and accurate of a virtual world we live in. Back in the day when I was using the Emulaor III's, I would drive from my house in Tahoe to San Francisco to swap 3.5" FDD's w/ on my only day off at a local radio station . Now I have threads, and the internet. Life just gets better all the time.

Thanks Everybody, BTW it converted to mp3 when downloaded, and it is exactly the sound that was needed for another 8 bar demo loop. Using just Sine Oscillator pairs from the RD II Modules in Solaris, I shall have the perfect underwater synth melody, scuba divers FX, Sonar pings, a perfect soundscape demo. This little demos are fast and do not fatigue the engineers when they are demo'ing the material. I got 1800 USD 3 months ago from these guys 4 2 weeks of just adding music amd FX to bidding demos. Looks like it paid off in spades.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Remeber the sonic velocity under water as sound expands more than twice faster as in air.
You have to double the panorama changes speed or bpm maybe.

Ah, just joking around in the morning, sorry :-)

Good luck with this project.
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

Underwater you hear a lot of "clicks" too . think of pebbles and stones clacking up against each other in a current . I think they come fish and stuff not stones but thats what they sound like . also if you are the diver you hear the sound of your breathing not just the sound of bubbles especially when its dark :( apart from chest sounds ,when you suck on the regulator it lets the air into your mouth in a hiss in counterpoint to the bubbles bubbling out . BTW there aint no reverb down there ,it's all upfront and personal ...right inside your head .
Of course if you're getting narked you could always put in a bit of beethoven through a phaser :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Everybody.
Thanks to the email guys also. Precision, and efficiency are my favorite aspects. This forum has it all. I have the exact sound I wanted, and have even tuned it to the melody / soundscape. This little 8 bar demo is my favorite. It makes me think I am watching underwater explorers who just discovered Atlantis. It only needs film.

Life Is Good,