Converting any sample to STS

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dubcotics

Post by dubcotics »

hi Brethens and Sistrens,

I ow samples which were converted by some brethen here on the z ready for download, thanks in advance. I'm trying to make my own so I can share them also just to keep the goog brethenhood philosophy, however , I'm unable to convert them to STS , as it changes the pitch when striking any key, ofcourse I've RFM, so can anyone tell me which passage of the manual illustrate how to convert them to sts ofcourse,

any feed would more than welcome,

didier,
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Did you disable the "MIDI to Span" knob in the main window of sts? This knob is very helpful while creating new sts-files with your raw samples, but later it can be very disturbing. When you export AKAI- or sf2-files and save them to sts-files, you have to fiddle a bit with the new files cuz some adjustments (ADSR, filters etc.) are a bit strange. But the pitch should be sticky when you play on keyboard and "MIDI to Span" is disabled. Check it.

Good luck, Thomas
dubcotics

Post by dubcotics »

hi herr,

thanks for your reply," MIDI to Span " is desabled by default, however , I did enable it just to have a try. What I'm trying here is to map a drum set or what ever on my keys with its corresponding pitch, the corresponding pitch is usually B2 on my keyboard, but you can't play every instrument on the same key, you need to map them in order to have , snare, kick etc on desired key but keeping the same pitch, I've RTFM but I don't see the passage that illustrate how to do it, hope I'm being clear, thanks again in advance for your feedback,

cheers,

didier
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

to play samples to the right pitch,
go under the keygrouplist/options/sample section and set the root key.
For single note drum samples, it should be the same of the key range.

p.s. what rtfm means ?
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Read that f***ing manual, afaik.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

On 2006-05-30 15:13, Herr Voigt wrote:
Read that f***ing manual, afaik.
:lol:
dubcotics

Post by dubcotics »

hi brethens,

it works !!! ty specially to brethen djmicron !!! Now I can have fun !!!

ty to both anyway ,

cheers,
didier,
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

To avoid that the pith changes depending of the note range, go to Keygroups, /zones/special/pitch
you can select "constant" or "track".
If select constant, the sample sound like it is, the pich is not afected by the note you play. Of course this comes on the f*****ng manuel :grin:
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

you need to set the key range and the root key too....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: djmicron on 2006-06-22 03:07 ]</font>