In The Box Sampling w/STS?

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

Greetings Pulsarians,
I have created the ultimate EPs and PPG 2.3 pads w/Celmos Bluewave, and Vectron. Can I sample these into STS and then convert them to GS3 via Chicken Systems Translator without leaving the box? I've got 3 cards in my live rig now, and want to save my DSPs for Solaris, and future DSP hungry devices. I haven't done my own sampling since my Emulator days a while back. I am familiar w/ sampling, it's the routing and Scope that I need to learn more.

Thank You In Advance,
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

Hi Jimmy,
i've posted a reply on the other section,
try samplit, it's a great sampling program http://www.cdxtract.com/samplit.php
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thank You Brother Man.
BuzzBang

Post by BuzzBang »

Hi Jimmy,

one of the really great things about the (much maligned, but still great) STS series of samplers that people forget is that they DO sample, so yes, you can route, say, your mix out (or bus)into the STS inputs and record a sample. The record can be linked to a midi trigger.

However, you might want to check out http://www.samplerobot.com to automate the whole process, as this will capture as a soundfont, which can be used in the STS series :smile:, but don't forget to put them (the soundfont) into the sample pool first then from the pool into the STS.

If you want some fun on the STS5000 you MUST check out the autochord function on some vocals, with patience and the right samples it can be fantastic :smile:

If you do get samplerobot, it would be good to know what you think.

boing

Rob :wink:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Dear Buzz Bang,
Thank you for the answer I was looking for. I will check out your advice on the robot, it sounds interesting, and hassle free too. I envisioned a way of doing this before I purchased and built Scope boxes. This is great news because the BlueWave, and Vectron are really great devices to make un-analog sounds on, sampling them and using DSPs for Solaris, Q-Wave, and mixing makes the vision in my head now a reality.

Strength Through Superior Sharcs,
dawman

Post by dawman »

BuzzBang,
Can I link my notes on the keyboard ( MC-3000 )to the record of STS, or would I need a toggle switch controller such as the KS Pro 88. I'm so use to the old Emulator II thru IV, where you hit a note on your keyboard if you like, and the audio would trigger the record.This would help me with my possible purchases.

Your Friend And Mine,
rounser

Post by rounser »

Yes it will do both of those. The STS is really convenient for sampling, in that there's a button that will make it record as soon as you start feeding it something other than silence, or the moment it receives a MIDI note on message.

For sampling VSTis into SF2 format which the STS5000 can read, I recommend Xlutop Chainer. For feeding the STS5000 samples in general, try Fastwav. You can drag samples straight out of it and into the STS like you could with windows explorer, and it'll play back what can't be dragged directly (like mp3s) for recording.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rounser on 2006-03-07 22:58 ]</font>