A few STS3000 whinges

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

I came across quite a few problems trying to build up a little guitar sample library yesterday:

1. Importing samples into STS3000. When dragging samples from the file browser to STS3000 (either keygroups area or the sample area below), the STS3000 UI vanishes! Makes it more of a drag than a drop... In the end, I had to load each sample in via the context menu olf the sample area.

2. Number of keygroups limit. One program in STS3000 cannot cope with as many as 20 different key groups (it would appear). I can't remember exactly, but only the first 14 or so keygroups would play back - the others would not.

3. Cannot use stereo and individual outs at the same time. Any sample sent to an individual out is also still sent to the stereo out (why?) One must set the program's level to 0 and up the IOUT level, but then only the individual outs will sound, not the stereo out.

This is the first time I've tried using an STS sampler for a while, I found myself wishing that I had a good VST sampler to use.

Royston
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

I'm using the 4000, experiencing different problems, but the stereo/individual out issue is something I can't understand too.
Why can't get a zone from the stereo and the others from individuals?

Luckly individual outs are still a sufficient number for my current needs...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cochise on 2005-09-26 09:19 ]</font>
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

I always work with the 4000, there I couldn't experience neither this limit of about 14 keygroups nor the mysterious vanishing of the UI.
Try a trick: Put the samples you want to route to the individual outputs in a second sts-file, give it to the same MIDI-channel and trigger the difference with other methods (other octave position, velocity split etc.).
Maybe my English is really a catastrophe, but perhaps you could understand me and I could help a little ...

Cheers, Thomas
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Herr Voigt wrote:
I always work with the 4000, there I couldn't experience neither this limit of about 14 keygroups nor the mysterious vanishing of the UI.
Try a trick: Put the samples you want to route to the individual outputs in a second sts-file, give it to the same MIDI-channel and trigger the difference with other methods (other octave position, velocity split etc.).
Maybe my English is really a catastrophe, but perhaps you could understand me and I could help a little ...

Cheers, Thomas
Ah yeah, that's a good idea. Presumably one can load .sts files from STS3000 into STS4000?

Royston
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Should work. All features of STS 3000 are also included in STS 4000. Vice versa could cause problems or you lose some adjustments.
But I'm in doubt that you can load STS 3000 and STS 4000 at the same time ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Herr Voigt on 2005-09-27 11:53 ]</font>