Error - Low memory c:/scope? - loading Stige's kit

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

pseudojazzer

Post by pseudojazzer »

Hi Z,
i've just been trying to laod Stige's kit into the sts4000, and i get the error "low memory c:/scope" when i try to put the 8th sample in - the dsp load is still low (not even half way - i'm running 12) and i have at least 23 Gb free on the c:/ drive. I have recently upgraded my mobo and know that Stiges kit worked on the same scope cards before. Please help. what am i doing wrong? - i've set the polyphony to 32 voices as it said in Stiges instructions and there is really not that much else running in scope (no synths etc...)
i really wanna be able to laod more than 7 samples into the sts..

Also, on the memory page, within the sts it says free memory 998.4MB, used 44.9MB - i hope thats enought info for you gurus to help me get it working,
thanks as always for your replies
Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pseudojazzer on 2005-07-25 04:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pseudojazzer on 2005-07-25 04:52 ]</font>
pseudojazzer

Post by pseudojazzer »

Just been experimenting and it seems the tom patches are simply too large for my sts to handle - but i know that they worked on my previous mobo, and this one is much better - what can i be doin wrong?

OK, so its really strange, cos it won't load the tom3 and tom 4 patches but it'll happily load others (like five kicks or something?) Possibly a corrupt patch? unlikely but the only thing i can think of

no its not that, cos i've just loaded them by themselves - and i can load those patches but not alot else if i do - and i tried moving the folder to the desktop and loading the files from there - what i found was interesting - the message in the sts (previously low memory C:/scope..) is now low memory C:/desktop.. - so the error says low memory from the folder that i'm trying to drag the samples from!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pseudojazzer on 2005-07-26 05:44 ]</font>
pseudojazzer

Post by pseudojazzer »

Please help - i'm doing my nut in... just cannot load many samples in at all, and frustrated cos i don't know why, any ideas at all will be welcome.
Stige

Post by Stige »

I'm sorry to say that I have no idea why some samples are not loading. For example the Ride patch is a lot larger than toms, can you load it without problems? Does this happen only with my kit?
there are dry and ambient version of the kit, if the problem occurs with both, I think this is your system related.

I'll post here if I get some ideas..
pseudojazzer

Post by pseudojazzer »

Thanks Stige, yeah it might be system related but i cannot work out why, i can load all th patches by themselves, like you say the ride is quite large but i can load it - the problem comes if i want to load anything else....
i've tried loading different bits into different sts's but no joy, i know its not a memory problem tho cos in the sts it says i've got bucket loads free - thats why i'm confused! i noticed that atOm replied to a similar message to this but it was concerning win98 - are there any other things i can do to xp or scope to try and resolve this - i have done most of the tweaks already?
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Check this thread out, and also the other threads which it points to:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=20&5

This may shed some light on your problem!

Royston
pseudojazzer

Post by pseudojazzer »

Thanks counterparts, i've tried a few of the things in there but have still had no joy - i think that its Norton thats eating all my memory - check that, i know its Norton! The really annoying thing is that you can't end the processes - if you try to in task manager then it gives an error saying not accessible. oh well, more RAM should probably sort it...
Cheers