No sound on STS sampler serie

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

sky

Post by sky »

Hi,

When i play from my keyboard, the MIDI light turn on, but i get no signal coming out from my STS. I have the sound with sample editor, but not with individual output or mix output. It's strange because, until now, everything was ok.

Can anyone help me or any idea?
Sky
voidar

Post by voidar »

On 2005-07-11 05:07, sky wrote:
Hi,

When i play from my keyboard, the MIDI light turn on, but i get no signal coming out from my STS. I have the sound with sample editor, but not with individual output or mix output. It's strange because, until now, everything was ok.

Can anyone help me or any idea?
Sky
Check your midi channel for your keyboard and the given patch you are trying to play. I always f**k up like that :wink:.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Yes,individual out volume has to be turned up.
sky

Post by sky »

Thanks for your help.

The problem is still there. My computer has dual boot, and i tried on Win2k session: everything is ok, the sound comes normally. But on WinXP Pro, it doesn't function. I've tried to change the drivers version, but no result.

Maybe i must reinstall scope software? I don't know exactly. Any other idea??
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

Maybe the keyboard range of your STS program isn't set properly? Is the range set from e.g. C-2 to C8?

Is there a sequencer between your keyboard and STS? If so, is the output of the miditrack in the sequencer routed to the correct midichannel in your STS?

Are the velocity ranges of the samples in the keyzones set to 0 to 127 so that they can be triggered at any keystroke?

I guess you already checked this, but I just trying to figure it out for you...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChampionSound on 2005-07-22 14:06 ]</font>