Strings for sts sampler

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

youngsta

Post by youngsta »

hey y'all
does anyone know where i can find good sounding strings for my sts4000 sampler?
astroman

Post by astroman »

it depends for what kind of arrangement you want 'good sounding' strings.

for the background part in Funk (for example) something like the Orchestral Proteus (you can convert the soundfont set) will sound authentic and 'good' imho.

for proper orchestral arrangements (classic and hollywood) you WILL need those special 'players' like in Garritans lib for faithful articulation - and a good portion of knowledge how to deal with such arrangements :wink:
anything else will only be embarassing and end as a humble fake. The STS samplers just cannot keep up here for technical reasons (not because they are not good).

if you're more one the creative side and just need the strings as another sound source, then don't worry about the 'quality' of the samples.
You don't need the latest giga-monsters to make good sounds in SFP. Proper layering and chorus-delay-verb fx will make anything sound big. The SonicTimeworks stuff by Warp69 is certainly the 'leader' in quality here, but it's not restricted to that brand.
Any sh*t (and I MEAN any) you send through the CD100 comes out larger than life :grin:
So you can stick with almost any affordable sample set.

cheers, Tom
youngsta

Post by youngsta »

Thnx Tom, i'll give it a try, but the garritan llibrary won't work under os 9 i think i'll look for some akai's
moosethree

Post by moosethree »

there is a garritan lite akai version
I like the kirk hunter virtuosos akai version
often available on ebay.