Yeah..still trying

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

skwawks

Post by skwawks »

creator worked fine with some string samples more or less ...but with some sax samples that I've succesfully used in the isis sampler ,logic exs and kontakt inst. the lowest sample which is usually d to f# ..pick any octave ...sts consistently makes it play e against what should be d !! now I've found three possible tuning pages in sts and although awave says the root note is c5 ???? and I'm still trying there too ,I cant help but wonder why I'm getting such strange note allocations out of sts .The other thing is why cant I just make an inst. out of the samples instead of having a seperate program for each key group ? If thats the way IT IS why dont creamware just say "dont bother to try doing that" or is there something really fundemental thats going over my head ?
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

In some wav-files the root note is a part of the file, i. e. the fine samples I get every month from the german KEYBOARDS-mag.
So if you get strange messages about the root note of your sample, load it into Logic or the seq of your choice and find out the real height of the sounds.
Then make a new sts-program and type the root keys manually.
Sorry, it's a bit fiddly, but I don't know a better way. :roll:

Good luck, Thomas
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

Thanks for the tip,I now have a nice sax inst .
Please tell me more about the mag. samples and do they print an english language version .
Regards
Paul
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Well, I'm afraid that an english version of the KEYBOARDS mag doesn't exist.
But some musicians sell their mag-collection with the attached CDs. If you purchase such a collection, I could send to you my sts-files to use these sounds quickly in scope samplers. There are samples from Microwave, Virus A/B/C, Doepfer A 100 etc.
Unfortunately, using the sounds without buying the mags is not allowed.

Best, Thomas
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

Well thank you very much ... I might have to put babel into overdrive .
More sax tweaking today ....I'm starting to see it all, and blessing the day I took a punt on creamware .
best regards
Paul