STS3000 importing .wavs

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

alabama

Post by alabama »

I just started experimenting with the 3000 last night. I know the interface is somewhat complicated. I'm having trouble figuring out how to import .wav files to be used as samples. Am I missing something?

I know, new program -> key group -> zone. If you right click, you can create a new sample. Do you just create the new sample, give it the name, and then you can copy in an existing .wav with the same name (with the correct bit depth)?

I'm using sfp v4. I know the manual said something about file browser and dragging samples in, but I haven't figured that out yet. Uhhh, is the file browser the live bar? Heck.

thanks for your help.
alabama

Post by alabama »

Ahhh, found the mysterious "FileBrowser". Drag-and-drop, just like that. Who would've thunk it?

Now, let's see if this terd will do what I think it will.
alabama

Post by alabama »

Got another (most likely) dumb question:

I'm creating a program of guitar note samples so I can do midi stuff with it. The program I'ved created is called guitar.sts. When I load it, why does it say NEW PROGRAM? Why won't it list it as guitar in the program list?

just wondering...
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

You have to rename the NEW PROGRAM in the STS 3000 window. Then save your guitar.sts once more.
alabama

Post by alabama »

I figured as much, but I don't see an option to do that. When I right click on it, I don't see "rename" as a choice.

How do you do it?
alabama

Post by alabama »

Nevermind. I see you just click directly on the name and it allows you to rename it.

As other posts say, this is a difficult program to use...
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

:smile: