Chickensys/CDExtract

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

annecyops

Post by annecyops »

Hey, out there! I just wanted to ask if and how chickensys/cdextract would benefit the STS-5000 mac user. I was thinking about getting one of them (please let me know which is better) because I can't audition samples in the STS-5000 and because I think that I read that chickensys supports sampler drag n drops. So since they have the STS as a format, then maybe you can just drag n drop from the chickensys window straight into the keyzone of the STS-5000. I don't know if I was just dreaming it or what, but anyway... Oh yeah, it seems that the SFP file browser can't open samples that are in a subfolder. It's like it has to be only in one folder, then in the hard disk. Hmm, interresting...
Hope to here from you
Annecy
JehOSepHat

Post by JehOSepHat »

i have chickSYS and it doesnt support all the export functions on mac.. in particular akai program export . . GRR..
my advice, chek their weeb site 4 info. .

i must say i am dissapointed to say the least..

lesson : research before u buy .. . duh
ahrensj

Post by ahrensj »

I'm not using a Mac, but I can comment on my experience with ChickenSys.

I have tried to use the "bulk" translation (of an entire CD) but the resulting .sts always give a "sample not sound" error that you refer to.

Unfortunate, because this requires manual fixes... that defeats the reason why I purchased the software.

Hopefully you have better luck.
ahrensj

Post by ahrensj »

Should be: "sample not found" (terrible typist here)