Question: using Akai Sample CDs

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ahrensj

Post by ahrensj »

I just set up my new Pulsar-based DAW from Infinite Vortex. (Great product, great service... but that's another thread).

I'm able to use the samples that came with Pulsar on CD -- just copied to SPF/Samples, right click and load into STS-3000.

I tried to do that with a few Akai CDs (purchased, not hacked versions) but my PC can't read the CDs. Nothing shows up in Windows Explorer.

Any advice on getting samples from CD-ROM into STS-3000 is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

do a litlle forum search here, u will definetly find the answer :wink:
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

This thread covers it pretty well:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 47&forum=1

You'll need: akai.dll, cd2000.dll (if you're running W2K) and the latest adaptec aspi layer thing.

Royston
Bracelet Z

Post by Bracelet Z »

Hi,

I also use AKAI CDs. I've never seen AKAI content in explorer too. But it's not a problem for me. Before I tried to use the Volkszampler in XTC (I use XTC mode) and it just got me mad! Now I use an another sampler. I think STS and Volkszampler are the same, sometimes they show AKAI's, sometimes not. So I would recommend just to avoid STS. Maybe a good idea is to extract, but I've never done this.

Good luck:)
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Bracelet Z wrote:

I've never seen AKAI content in explorer too.
Hi Bracelet

You never will! :smile:

You have to use the SFP browser. There's a right-click sub-menu option "display Akai partitions" (or something like that) in the SFP browser which should be enabled too. Also, from the same menu "clear CD cache" can help display those troublesome Akai samples (make sure the file filter is set-up correctly too).

HTH

Royston
at0m

Post by at0m »

And once you have them in SFP Explorer, you can copy your favorites to your HD from SFP :smile: