Create a multisample STS prog with 50 mono wav files

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Superreverb

Post by Superreverb »

I'm new to the whole STS thing, i've only got he STS 2000p player and i'm wondering if there are any applications available ha will allow me to load 50 individual files, and specify what key, or note the files are to be in he STS.

I'm just starting to read about Key-groups, am I to understand that there are only 4 keygroups allowed per sts file? only allowing 4 samples per sts to be triggered?

requiring me to make 10 sts files for a library of 40 individual samples?

I'm a little lost... obvioustly !

I've used the "Create STS" prog from the free STS Utillities zip, and it creates an sts file for each wav, spanning the whole keyboard.

Any help locating the utiliies to create a multisample sts would be greatly appreciated.

David
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

there is a limit of 4 samples per keygroups, but there is unlimited keygroups per sts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2003-10-29 01:48 ]</font>
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

If your keygroups-window is fullfilled with 8 or 9 groups, try to find a small free space with the cursor and continue right-clickin' to create new keygroups!
(This was a mistake I made at the beginning!)
braincell

Post by braincell »

When I add a new sample, all the other samples I placed get put on different keys than where I placed them. Then I have to start over. What am I doing wrong? It's frustrating. I wonder why the GUI is so small and tedious. It ought to be full screen!