New Chipset Contender: SiS 735!?

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

subhuman

Post by subhuman »

That's what I thought... "SiS? You mean that company that makes horrible chipsets?" Then I read <a href=http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/0 ... x.html>SiS 735 review</a> which seems very positive. We know the AMD760 is nearly as good as an 815/BX chipset, it will be interesting to see how the SiS 735 compares for intensive PCI use... Evidently ASUS is making a board based on this chipset in the near future.

Something to watch, surely, although the bitter taste from previous SiS experiences is still in the back of my mind...
Mo

Post by Mo »

the last chipset from SiS i was using was an old socket7-chipset with integrated grafics... uahh... :grin:

but that 735 offers really good performance. the prototype board performs even better than a mature amd760-board (a7m266). up to ten percent higher memory transfer. and with an internal interconnect bandwidth of 1,2 gb/s it outperforms (at least theoretically) every current chipset design.

oh, how i wish that a dualcpu-version will be released... :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mo on 2001-06-21 18:14 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Well we all know the difference between theoretical performance, and reality, after all the VIA chipsets are theoretically just as good as everything else out there :lol:

Anyway, look forward to the AMD760DP dual chipset, it <i>is coming</i> and ASUS has already annouced they'll release the ASUS A7M266DP board around Sept 2001 (+/- a month). InfiniteVortex will of course carry this product as soon as we have Creamware XP/2k drivers and it's passed the stress tests...