Pulsar -2 (6 SHARC PCI 32/33 ) w/ second Pulsar in tandem for 24 -32 Chanels of ADAT currently; v 3.1 (a,b & c) on XP 32

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

next to nothing

Re: Pulsar -2 (6 SHARC PCI 32/33 ) w/ second Pulsar in tandem for 24 -32 Chanels of ADAT currently; v 3.1 (a,b & c) on X

Post by next to nothing »

Install and launch Reaper, if that doesnt see the drivers, something is wrong with your install. In that case, reinstall scope, you can do this on top of existing install. Watch out for errors, especially regarding permissions etc.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
tonymite

Re: Pulsar -2 (6 SHARC PCI 32/33 ) w/ second Pulsar in tandem for 24 -32 Chanels of ADAT currently; v 3.1 (a,b & c) on X

Post by tonymite »

Hi guys,

I'm still stuck - as you can see via attached screenshot;

1) - Besides Adat port not receiving audio via Adat lightpipe from Adat HD24XR, (I've tried both Adat ports)

2) Sample Rate options do not appear except 48kHz,

3) I/O: Not Available (Incl Pulsar 2 Hardware I/O)

Any Ideas?

Any Help is Help - Thanks in advance.
Attachments
No VST Driver.JPG
No VST Driver.JPG (170.25 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
Pulsar 2 Hardware I-O.JPG
Pulsar 2 Hardware I-O.JPG (298.06 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
No Sample Rate Options.JPG
No Sample Rate Options.JPG (287.05 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Have you already tried to remove the card, reseat the io board and put it back in place on the pc?
It must have the io plate recognized and working, otherwise there is a good chance that there is a hardware fault.
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

IMHE I would say ditch the Steinberg generic ASIO driver, disable or uninstall in Control Panel. Seat your cards. Reboot and check Control Panel for Scope PCI Drivers. If there, configure in Control Panel. If not reinstall Scope. You might also try VoiceMeeter and see if it recognizes the Scope Drivers after you do the above.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
garyb

Post by garyb »

perhaps there is something wrong with the new card.
there are no special tricks. if you have a matching pair of ASIO modules in the routing window before opening Cubase, and if the Scope drivers are shown in the Device Manager of Windows, then Cubase MUST see it.
tonymite

Post by tonymite »

I will try with Reaper which is showing something - but not actually working at this stage & I'll isolate incoming Adat banks of 8 and whether signal is actually coming in. Also try a playback.

Plan B) Try it in 32 bit mode using Pulsar Scope 3.1c (I had v4.5 somewhere but can't find it & don't see it available on Scope Portal).

If that fails then I'd say the card is redundantly faulty :-/
valis

Post by valis »

Gary, what's the name of the i/O enabler app under v5.1? He needs to run that to re-install ASIO, no? Either way, it seems to me that ASIO is not registered with the system yet.

Also tonymite, You don't need 20 WAVE devices unless you're going to be doing some crazy recording via Wave/MME in Wavelab, and I suggest setting that to 24bit instead of 32bit (the first screenshot on the previous forum page shows that on the properties>settings tab). Some, if not all of that, is also changeable on the I/O enabler app, but I can't recall exactly what.

Once you get that far, ASIO will work much better, and hopefully my above (top line) question will help get you there. Once the driver is properly installed, it WILL show up in Wavelab & Cubase but I recommend adding it from the Software I/O's tab, and knowing which ones to use. ASIO2 24bit Src, ASIO2 Dest is what I use, and you can simple double click the Src to change the number of input & output channels (they don't have to be the same), BEFORE opening your intended recording or DAW application. I don't recommend changing them with your app in the background.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

That is amazing !
Have you got a hard drive in which you could install a new windows, scope and cubase in order to check if the issue is in your windows installation (if it works with the new windows) or comes from hardware (if it's the same with the new windows) ?
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
garyb

Post by garyb »

valis wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:30 am Gary, what's the name of the i/O enabler app under v5.1? He needs to run that to re-install ASIO, no? Either way, it seems to me that ASIO is not registered with the system yet.

Also tonymite, You don't need 20 WAVE devices unless you're going to be doing some crazy recording via Wave/MME in Wavelab, and I suggest setting that to 24bit instead of 32bit (the first screenshot on the previous forum page shows that on the properties>settings tab). Some, if not all of that, is also changeable on the I/O enabler app, but I can't recall exactly what.

Once you get that far, ASIO will work much better, and hopefully my above (top line) question will help get you there. Once the driver is properly installed, it WILL show up in Wavelab & Cubase but I recommend adding it from the Software I/O's tab, and knowing which ones to use. ASIO2 24bit Src, ASIO2 Dest is what I use, and you can simple double click the Src to change the number of input & output channels (they don't have to be the same), BEFORE opening your intended recording or DAW application. I don't recommend changing them with your app in the background.

afaik, there is no i/o enabler in v5.1....
valis

Post by valis »

That explains it then. A reinstall over the top?
garyb

Post by garyb »

that might help. i wonder what is in the device manager...

i also wonder if that computer is allowed to sleep.
valis

Post by valis »

Good question on the latter.

As for device manager, he is seeing WAV/MME for the card in his Wavelab screenshot I believe...it’s on the first page. And my guess is that screenshot was taken before he raised the number of WAV ports to 20.l (it shows just 01 & 02).

Certain old registry cleaners would remove the ASIO drivers if I recall, as could mucking about too much by hand. It’s too bad that I don’t have my 5.1 install on a separate partition any longer, or I would look up the registry key entry.

I suggest to reinstall a 5.1 and make sure to pay careful attention to the dialogs during install so you reinstall over the top of the existing installation.

Test with a BLANK project, or at least remove the ASIO Modules and use ASIO2 24bit SRC & Dest pairs directly from the Software IO menu. I’m not sure ASIO 1 shows up in the versions of Wavelab & Cubase i am seeing, but I know ASIO2 does.
tonymite

Post by tonymite »

Post by garyb » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:30 am

that might help. i wonder what is in the device manager...

i also wonder if that computer is allowed to sleep.

* "i also wonder if that computer is allowed to sleep."; - in what sense of the word 'sleep'? *
garyb

Post by garyb »

sleep is when the computer shuts itself down part-way, to save power. computers with Scope cards can't sleep, because when the OS sleeps, it cuts power to the PCI bus, which makes the computer forget that the card was ever there. the card must be present at a cold boot for the computer to recognize it.

disable sleep in the power settings and then shut down when finished and boot from off when starting.
valis

Post by valis »

Agree with Gary. In the era of SSD’s, especially one which can use a portion in SLC mode when overprivisioned, there’s not much time lost in a studio from cold boot. My concerns over thermal cycling a machine that has no spinning drives is far lower than it was for the hot machines of yesteryear too.