Two Win OS with Scope 7 on 1 machine?

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

binaural

Two Win OS with Scope 7 on 1 machine?

Post by binaural »

Hey!

I'm running Scope 7 with 2 DSP boards flawlesly on my Win7 machine. Ableton 9 - 32 bit - is my main DAW.

I want to upgrade to Ableton 10, which only runs at 64. I'm a bit anxious to fix something that isn't broken :), so I thought of buying a second SSD with Win 10 for the same PC, see how that works and keep my current flawless system untouched.

Can I install Scope 7 simultaniously on that WIN10 SSD with the same license? I don't know if the 1 license is for 1 pc or for 1 OS...

Thanks!
Jasper
binaural

Re: Two Win OS with Scope 7 on 1 machine?

Post by binaural »

Are there other matters I should hold into account?
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

The license is for the board itself. You can use the license in as many places as you wish, as long as one of the boards in the computer is the one for that license.
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

It might happen, that the ASIO drivers won't work/crash with Ableton 10.
fraz

Post by fraz »

Hi Binaural,

yes you could buy another HDD and take out the "Windows 7 HDD" and re-install everything from scratch, if this works 100% as you want it to I do not know.

You could build another machine for 64 bit only and keep your Windows 7 machine untouched.

If you need to use more RAM on your computer (the reason why you wish to use Live 10 instead of 9)-Vienna Ensemble Pro is a good software for VSTi / fx and you use a slave machine.

But Live 10 is 64 bit only - How inconsiderate of them - :) - Only joking, but eventually all 32 bit goes but you've got Live 9

What does Live 10 offer that 9 does not? - For Scope I would run in 32 bit mode then all scope devices work 100%-If you go 64 bit there are advantages but some of Scope may not work like STS Samplers or what ever else that you may never use ???

For me Scope / Xite will be run 32 bit mode with VEP Pro 5/6 etc....

UAD would be run in 64 bit mode and that is where Live 10 would be used / Reason 10 etc....

Take your pick and juggle the balls that are the marbles in your mind - :lol: - And live happily with working systems - :)