Scope Pulsar II and win10

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Matti

Scope Pulsar II and win10

Post by Matti »

HI,
I´m used XP PC Computer 10 yers, but now i´m thinking get new computer with windows 10. I´m looking to day spent Dell mascine.
The Specs are: Dell Precision T3600 - Xeon E5-1620/16/128GSSD+1TBHDD/Q4000/W10. Before I purchase dis machine i will ask you
if this pass with Pulsar II with Z-link and how works with win10? The Pulsar works presumably but i have suspicion dat the sofware
version 4.0 (CD) not install directly to new mascine? Please Help! :( :)

Yours Veli
garyb

Re: Scope Pulsar II and win10

Post by garyb »

it's hard to say, but i think that chipset is from the same period as socket 1151 motherboards. i believe that the socket 2011 motherboards(like in this computer) do work, but i'm not 100% sure. the question is about how well the PCI slots work with that chipset, since it's from the first generation of motherboard/chipsets after PCI support was dropped from the chipset and moved to a 3rd party controller. later models will work for sure...

yes, win10 is no problem, but you will need to purchase v7.
Matti

Post by Matti »

Thanks! So, is´t so that the software can´t install direct to win10 maschine and the win7 must be first install and then upgrade win10 to make
the soft working well with win10? -Veli
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, that's a misunderstanding.
first, i meant socket 1155, but wrote 1151. those were the first motherboards made after PCI slots were declared obsolete. currently, motherboards use PCIe. the PCI slots on socket 1155 motherboards do not work correctly. i do not know if socket 2011(the type that is in the Dell) had a problem or not. i think it will work, but it may not be the best choice. check the configuration thread to see if others have have had success with socket 2011. basically, i tell people to avoid Sandy Bridge processors like the one you are looking at.

second, Scope v4.5 does NOT work in win10. Scope v7 DOES work in win10. you don't need win7, you need Scope7.
http://www.sonic-core.net/shop/index.ph ... tform.html
Matti

Post by Matti »

Thaks again! Is it so the Scope ver4.0 plays with Win7?
- Yours Matti