Xite-1 & PCI Cards on Gigabyte GA-P85-D3

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Lexington

Xite-1 & PCI Cards on Gigabyte GA-P85-D3

Post by Lexington »

First of all hello to the nice scope community. I read here since 10 year and always bin afraid to write because of my english!

Try to build a new home for Xite-1 and some DSP Cards. Just want to do music with this machine ( no Internet/Video/Gaming...)
I use to have my xite, 3 Pulsar II and if it work my TC Powercore PCI and the UAD2 solo PCI express and a lot of hardware FX and Synths. Use 3 emagic unitor8 so will stay with winXP 32 bit. I don't use big sample libraries at all. Is there some body out using this MOBO with Xite and PCI Cards with success?
Just found this parts on a local Store and wonder if they will fit my use? some help would be welcome.

- Gigabyte GA-P85-D3 - 1,0 - Motherboard - ATX - LGA1150 Socket
- Intel Core i5 4460 - 3,2 GHz
- KINGSTON 8GB RAM kit 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz Non-ECC DIMM SRx8 CL11 in case of W7 64bit dual boot
- 2x WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX - HD - 500GB - intern - 8,9 cm (3.5") - SATA-III - 7200 U
- Power supply crosier 480W ( exist already )

Thx
Alex
garyb

Re: Xite-1 & PCI Cards on Gigabyte GA-P85-D3

Post by garyb »

it should work well. other P85 motherboards have been ok. i dont think anyone has tried it yet, however.
Lexington

Post by Lexington »

Thank you Garyb.
UPS ring tomorrow and i'l give you an report.

Alex
Lexington

Post by Lexington »

still waiting, for the Mainboard. grrrrrrr!

Alex
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Are you waiting a motherboard since 3 weeks ?? It's a bit strange ! Where did you buy it (some other planet ?) and where do you live (in the rain forest ?) ?

Last time I bought computer gear on internet, I had it 5 days later.. It must be intolerable !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Lexington

Post by Lexington »

I know, they driving me crazy!!! I live in Germany and have bin watching all the hole seller web side's and no one have this board in stock!!! Also if you watch amazon for example they tell you in about 4-7 days however it change every day and if you read between the lines you will realize, they can't deliver! I'm just angry, because the first Shop promise me 24H delivery and i started to build my hole studio wire ring from scratch! Now i'm working with my old laptop (no Xite-1 or PCI grrrr!!).

Still have to wait.

Alex