M/S Shift knob - Brainworx

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

M/S Shift knob - Brainworx

Post by Music Manic »

I can see what this knob does to the EQ in the stereo and mono field when I adjust things but what is it intended for?
Is a just another Q in addition to what you do in the main EQ? Does it just move everything up and down once you've got things ballpark?

Thanks
mausmuso

Re: M/S Shift knob - Brainworx

Post by mausmuso »

I think (from memory) it is for balance between the stereo and mono parts.
Twist left more centre mono, twist right more stereo (mono heads into the background)
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

mausmuso wrote:I think (from memory) it is for balance between the stereo and mono parts.
Twist left more centre mono, twist right more stereo (mono heads into the background)
That explains why I get a lopsided mix if I overdo it but I'm not exactly sure, seeing there is a shift available for both stereo and mono. Is it a secondary adjustment that's happening? If I understand what you've explained does it mean after adjusting the stereo and mono EQs in the main feature the shift allows me to balance the EQ further with the shift knobs?

Not sure exactly.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

I've just read the Manual and it says that they shift the Octave which changes the sound By making it soft or direct. The presence shift is used for air.