Installation of two cards with 5.1 software .exe file

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mixtremist

Installation of two cards with 5.1 software .exe file

Post by Mixtremist »

Hello all,

I’m upgrading my SCOPE machine to an HP z400 Workstation. I’m installing in two(2) SCOPE 14dsp cards. I have purchased and downloaded Scope 5.1 software for the 1st card. The second card runs on 5.0, and has a few 5.0 plugins. I have never installed from downloaded software before – always installed from CD. What are the best steps to take (sequentially) to install the two cards in the new machine?
1. Should I physically install the 5.1 card 1st? Then, install the 5.1 software from the downloaded 5.1 .exe file I downloaded? I assume running this .exe file will install the card’s drivers, and then the 5.1 software, correct?
2. Should I then physically install the second card? All I have for the second card is key files for the software. Will I be automatically prompted for the keyfiles, at which point I point the software to them? Is this all I need for the second card and its plugins?
3. Or, should I physically install the cards at the same time, and then run the 5.1 .exe file? If I did that, I assume it would ask for the 1st card’s keyfiles first, and then ask for the second card’s keyfiles?
4. Or, maybe this is all wrong, and I should do something else??

Thanks in advance.
Just play!
garyb

Re: Installation of two cards with 5.1 software .exe file

Post by garyb »

just install both cards, connect them with an S/TDM cable and install v5.1.
only one card needs keys, so just use your new v5.1 keyfile.
if there are optional or 3rd party devices that have keys in the v5 keyfile for the 2nd card, open the device in question(put it in the routing window) and then import the 2nd keyfile when the registration window opens for that device.

you will only need to use v5.1.

i would place the keyfile and the installer on the desktop and run the installer from there. when importing the v5.1 keyfile, be sure to browse to the keyfile on the desktop, specifically.
Mixtremist

Re: Installation of two cards with 5.1 software .exe file

Post by Mixtremist »

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the instructions. I'll install the cards, and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.
Just play!