Asio keeps overloading

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shot

Asio keeps overloading

Post by Shot »

Hi all,

I'm in a situation of building a new comp for my studio.

I've bought i5 machine on ASRock b75 Pro3. It is supposed to have native PCI support (though it's 1155) and installed Win7 64-bit.

Weird situation. I can do a decent masterverb test - 8 masterverb classics, or 9 masterverb pros or 6 masterverbs, all on 44.1kHz. I know it could be better but it's not that bad.

But I have a problem with number of channels on ASIO modules. I normally use ASIO1-flt and it can run with up to 22 source channels. Not more. If I use ASIO1-32 I get 26 source channels before PCI Capacity Limit. That is a problem for me since I run 42 outputs from ASIO (cubase) to my external converters.

I have Pulsar2, Luna2+adat expansion board.

Is there something I can do to get the ASIO modules run with more channels?

I'm about to downgrade to Win7 32-bit to see if it will help... but I'll miss my RAM that will be limited to 4gb...

Luka
garyb

Re: Asio keeps overloading

Post by garyb »

i doubt it's related to os bit depth.
none of the 1155 motherboards have worked well, even those with native pci. on the other hand 1150 motherboards without native pci support seem to work correctly. i'm not sure what to make of this, but i doubt there's much to be done that isn't much more painful and time consuming than just getting a system that works.
Shot

Post by Shot »

Huh.. yeah... after a lot of browsing through posts here I see this probably has a lot to do with motherboard....

I'll still try to reinstall win7 32-bit to see what happens.

If that doesn't work, can you recommend a motherboard+processor? Preferably something that would work with i5/i7 family of processors. Local shops here in Croatia don't carry exotic brands, they mostly have Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS, ASRock...
I would need something with around 3ghz quad to run enough plugins in my projects.

Damn...
:cry:
Shot

Post by Shot »

Yes, as always, Gary was right...
:)

It was all to do with Socket 1155 mobo.

I took a different mobo and processor, this time Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H and it's all good now.
Asio has enough juice to pull out 50 channels out of cubase, masterverb test is good (12 till dsp maxed out)

I'll post my masterverb results in the appropriate thread

I'm happy now!
8)
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)