ASPI for 32 bit Win 7?

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

jta

ASPI for 32 bit Win 7?

Post by jta »

Here's the stuff:

1 - a PCI slot (in either a HP XW4600 or a Z400)
2 - a Creamware card (a Scope - I think it's 15 - then a Pulsar 1)
3 - 4.5 SFP
4 - Audinate Dante with 48 channels (ASIO via Dante)
5 - Windows 7 - 32 bit Pro

Here's the question: the Adaptec ASPI driver used to be required. Is it still? If so, how?

thanks, john
jhulk

Re: ASPI for 32 bit Win 7?

Post by jhulk »

thewre ias no aspi driver for win32 it was dropped after win98

because microsoft did not want to pay for the licence

nero created a xp aspi layer and works under xp but with win 7 32bit or 64bit it does not work correctl in that my translater program just does not work

the reason for the aspi layer is to read akai format image or cdrom disks by the sts samplers so that it can covert them its not really needed as you can use other programs to convert like

awave studio or extrem sample convertor which can save akai or any file sytem to the sts sanple type which is based on the akai.dll format but it wont work in 64 bit as it was written in 32bit code even before the infant 64bit code was even thought off

that saying unless you are trying to read these akai diaks via your cdrom programs like deamon tools have aspi emulation and can read the formats through other peices of software that are coded for reading the sampler formats ie awave studio and extreme sample convertor

i have a permanent xp and win 98 machine for the programs that work great on those plateforms and win7 32bit for software that wont work on xp because of dropped support namely kontakt and arturia 4 which requires the win732 to install but yet there original vsti are still vst2 and not vst3 compatible in that to use them in cubase you need to use a processor layer like

a vsti player that supports vsti 1 2 and 3 like http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

which is a great program to use old vsti that are not compatible with the vsti3 specification

hope this information helps if you need any more infoo or require samples to be converted i own all these programs and convert for you i might even already have all these akia disks converters
jta

Post by jta »

jhulk wrote:thewre ias no aspi driver for win32 it was dropped after win98

because microsoft did not want to pay for the licence...
Thanks jhulk. "ASPI for 32 bit Win 7?" was a correct title, still the wording was poor. I have no interest in ASPI itself. Only as a step to installing SFP. Your information will be helpful, I'm sure. But not yet. (I had a major stroke a year ago and I'm trying to re-build my brain.)

Here, from "Scope Platform O/S Compatibility" http://www.hitfoundry.com/issue_04/compat.htm
I found the following:
Windows 7 ... 32 Bit ... Yes

Scope 4.0 / 4.5 on Windows 7 32 bit: This combination is not specifically supported by S|C and was tested by members running the installer and the Scope application itself in Windows XP Compatibility mode.
So if this is correct, then I should be able to install SFP 4.0 or 4.5 over Windows 7. But the Drivers don't seem to 'fit.'

best, john
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

as i explained

aspi was stopped at win98 it was dropped for winxp

and why i said that so no windows 7 aspi drivers as the last was win98 because microsoft would not pay adaptec for the license to use it

no sfp 4/4.5 wont work you need 5.1 to work on 64bit and 32 later os versions

sfp 4/4.5 will work on xp