XTC mode under Win 2k/Xp?

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

shloomper

Post by shloomper »

Hi!
Topic says it all... Is it possible yet?
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Yes it work, but it doesn't work good...

Too much delay, not enough devices transformed. My favorites are still Pulsar only...
sandrob

Post by sandrob »

xtc is very good idea and i spend days for trying to use xtc on the best way. finaly, i found on creamware forum that's posible to change default xtc-project. i try and now i know for sure that's xtc is not cool thing - yet.
you can hear asio source without any latency but everything else you can hear trough the asio, that's mean with latency. you can include wave source and destination in xtc project and use wavelab like external wave editor for cubese, but you can hear it only trough asio (wavesource to asio dest - asio source to analog destination)
what about audio recording in xtc if you can hear analog and aes/ebu only trough the asio with latency. this is imposible to record audio.
you can use some adat interface and external mixer for better monitoring, but what about using real time efects - specialy realtime insert efects for recording?!?! i found that's not posible!!?
what about gsif?! how to run gigastudio in xtc mode if you must run gigastudio before the vst!?? i can't found way to route midi signal from vst to gigastudio in xtc mode?!?!
please, anyone corect me what i'm wrong!?
double asio latency for xtc-instruments is another story!!!
thanks!
sandro :???::
at0m

Post by at0m »

On 2001-11-05 04:27, marcuspocus wrote:
Yes it work, but it doesn't work good...

Too much delay, not enough devices transformed. My favorites are still Pulsar only...
The delay is not dependent on your OS, but on it's drivers.
Pulsar1 can do 13ms @ 44.1kHz, PulsarII can do 7ms. Both in Win98 as Win2k.

In classic Pulsar mode, Pulsar receive's (wav-/midi-)instructions from Cubase one-way: VST mixer to ASIO drivers.
For XTC devices, Cubase sends instructions to xtc , the audio returns to VST mixer and is then routed to Pulsar again for final output.
That's why XTC has 3 times the latency of a native VST plugins, that is processed or the CPU. A Pulsar 2 card will have 7*3=21ms, a Pulsar1, that's 39ms @ 44.1kHz. An then your talking latency may friend.

a t :cool: m i c
at0m

Post by at0m »

On 2001-11-05 21:58, atomic wrote:
That's why XTC has 3 times the latency of a native VST plugins
Recorded vst plugins or audio tracks that is, 'cos midi live input has extra delay because there's no latency compensation for that in cubase. it can only anticipate if it knows what's gonna come. then, as a matter of fact, you will even have zero, N :smile: latency. cubase will play the tracks 13ms earlier if you enable 'vst delay compenstation' in audio settings panel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: atomic on 2001-11-05 22:07 ]</font>