2 tech questions!

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

freehands

2 tech questions!

Post by freehands »

Im planning to buy second hand Creamware Scope Professional. And have two questions for dear community!

1) Will Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard work with it?

2) Im intrested mainly in Modular software. Seller knows it's 5.1 but have no clue if it has Modular 4 onboard or not. Does 5.1 software include Modular 4 by default?

Thanks in advance

Andrey
w_ellis

Re: 2 tech questions!

Post by w_ellis »

1) Should be fine (see GaryB's comment here: http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... &view=next)
2) No, it's a separate product, but you can ask the seller to send you the keyfile and it will be listed if included. 5.1 includes Modular II+III though, which will keep you busy for a while.
garyb

Post by garyb »

that thread was about an XITE, but socket 1366 should be fine for pci cards, too.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

Ah ok, you mentioned cards in your comment, so I thought it was relating to the PCI cards. Apologies :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol:
i'm not really sure what it's all about, i just saw a reference to the XITE in my post. it was a while ago, so my memory...

anyway, the important thing is the correct information which you gave. :)
freehands

Post by freehands »

Thank you, guys!
Much appreciated
dawman

Post by dawman »

The Triple Channel RAM is even better than the Ivy Bridge and Haswell designs.

On the i7 Ultra Durables (Vision DAW of LA _ choice for the stars)
The lower voltage RAM from Samsung or Patriot/GSkill @ 1.35v will fine tune a DAW really well.
Instead of overclocking the CPU, you go with a 3GHz i7, and by raising to DRAM Voltage in the BIOS to 1.5 or 1.65v, you will see the CPU jump up to 3.4-3.6GHz which is it's sweetspot.
I don't OC anymore, but when I had the cards and a 4U i7 I could afford a decent rated HSF Combo and keep the temps down to what they were w/ stock air.
I never was an overclocking GuRu but learned the trick and it really helped out with Kontakt and other VSTi's w/ multiple affinity options.
Bidule and Kontakt are really tweakable this way, and can even have different cores.
Reaper is a great DAW for Scope too if you are tired of using other DAWs, and when it hosts Bidule as a VSTi, with instances of Kontakt inside of a single Bidule VSTi insert track, all ins and outs for ASIO into Scope and Modular are perfectly assigined and fast as greased lighting even @ 6msec./128 samples/44.1.
Ultra durables are Gigasbytes' best choice for audio.