what is a normal temperature for a sharc surface measured

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Marco

what is a normal temperature for a sharc surface measured

Post by Marco »

I have a server housing new for my pc. Inside, I have fans and a managing module for four fans, and four temperature meassures.

My 3x15 boards live close together, I have 2 fans extra located around, and a temp meassure merged direct on the surface of the sharc processor.

I have between 35 degree celsius and 53 degree? Is this very hot or is this ok?
It is interesting to see, that the sharcs temperatur is 10 degree celsius lower when scope is NOT running! A proof, that they are in use :D

Dont want to burn my scope, better burn a kitchen from england :evil: :D having fun
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
jksuperstar

Re: what is a normal temperature for a sharc surface measure

Post by jksuperstar »

Consumer devices are usually rated to 70 c ambient temps, meaning the DSP can be several degrees warmer than that.

35-53 is just fine. And when they aren't used, they slip into an idle stat, do they should burn much less power.
readymedia

Post by readymedia »

Hey, anabella and jksuperstar!

@anabella
How did you put the sensors on the DSPs? Whit a glue gun? )) What managing module do you use?

I have also three cards working together (Scope Pro and 2x Pulsar2 ) and thinking about a solution "not to burn ma cards".

May thin one: http://alutronic.com/products/accessori ... /wk709/5ml
Thermal conductive component adhesive for bonding of semiconductors such as on heat sinks.
A.
me, M6700/i7quad/Win7: PT11/Ableton/Komplete
WinXP/Luna2/Modular2 @Dell630 Dock
Marco

Post by Marco »

hey dont make it complicated. i have a stink normale fan and a fan Controller with potentiometers and Temp sensors Display temperature in LCD in my PC Tower built in 4 contollers possible. I placed one over the 3 Cards a 15 dsps and ready, in hot summer time i have in Germany 53 degree Celsius winter 45 degree. PC housing Needs a hole to circulate air in and out!
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
astroman

Post by astroman »

no need to worry: according to spec sheet case temperature may be up to 85 Celsius
http://www.analog.com/media/en/technica ... 21065L.pdf
(page 44... and everything you never wanted to know about the chip) :D

cheers, Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

Thanks for the Tip, New I can jam all night and day though :D