Moderators: valis, garyb

fra77x

Motherboard question

Post by fra77x »

ASROCK MB 990FX EXTREME3

ASROCK MB B75 PRO3

ASROCK MB N68C-GS FX

ASUS MB P8B75-M LE

Anyone knows if i'll have any luck with any of these? They offer 2 PCI slots and i want to host a scope srb and a pulsar2. (15+6)
Two of these can use AMD/Athlon, (have never bought a non intel cpu), and the B75 and the Asus, Intel. I don't need any fast performance, propably i'll get a i3 or i5 for that. Will any of these work? Gary?

Thanks
dawman

Re: Motherboard question

Post by dawman »

I'll throw in my usual love of Supermicro mobo's.
This one uses the tried and tested Z87 chipset, and isn't full of gamer gunk.
Short traces are found for RAM, CPU and the PCI lanes.

http://www.supermicro.com/products/moth ... /C7Z87.cfm

I will be at CES this week and share some of the designs I see for 2014.
igge1

Post by igge1 »

Nothing wrong with a motherboard for the AMD line of CPUs. I've been using AMD since before Pulsar 2 came out on the market and have had no problems. One argument in favor of AMD is the lower price. Gives you more money to spend on Scope plugins and other musical necessities.
m.my91

Post by m.my91 »

yes
i have tried the asus b75
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8B75V/
and it work with a scope 15 dsp pci with pulsar 2 win 7 32 bit.
i sale this motherboard.(using protools hd with creamware pci on a p5wdg2 now)
i don't use no more the b75 asus but it work better with the sata 3 ddr 3 (even better with a ssd sata 3 and intel i7 3770 3.4 ghz 8 mo )
i have a qx6850 witch is better than a i5 .
the qx6850 have 8 mo cache and the i5 only 6 mo cache
so the better is the i7 3770 3.4 ghz
phil
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Fra77x

You have to know though, that the motherboard above has not been through a Masterverb test. I have an Asus p8q77-m. The Q77 chip set is higher ranking in the same line of chip sets as the B75, and it also comes with native PCI support. I bought it because I saw no masterverb tests on 1155 motherboards with native PCI support. So I hoped to find a gem. This motherboard, however, performs really bad. I got the error at the third masterverb when using second generation cards and at the second masterverb when using a Pulsar 1.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
m.my91

Post by m.my91 »

bla bla bla...
you talking about thing that you don't know...
i have tested the B75 chipset and the Z68.
and the Z68 have exactly the same problems that your Q77 "pci overflows"even with little project.
i don't talk about the Q77 witch is not the same motherboard than a B75.
because i haven't test this motherboard.
so go buing a B75 test it and after you are able to talk!
phil
Immanuel wrote:Fra77x

You have to know though, that the motherboard above has not been through a Masterverb test. I have an Asus p8q77-m. The Q77 chip set is higher ranking in the same line of chip sets as the B75, and it also comes with native PCI support. I bought it because I saw no masterverb tests on 1155 motherboards with native PCI support. So I hoped to find a gem. This motherboard, however, performs really bad. I got the error at the third masterverb when using second generation cards and at the second masterverb when using a Pulsar 1.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

As long as you haven't stress tested it yet, you don't know what you are talking about either.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.