Neither of the following devices found

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Immanuel

Neither of the following devices found

Post by Immanuel »

Hi

My Xite-1 has been switched off for half a year. Now, I am having trouble getting it to play. Scope can not find it. So I tried installing it again (as admin). But I get this message every time:

"Neither of the following devices found".

Do you have any tips? I have plugged it into a 3rd gen PCI-e x16 slot with a little riser card.

I think I got it to work back then. But when I booted up, I got blue screens, and the BIOS might have forgotten my original settings, so I tried my best to reconstruct them.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
Immanuel

Re: Neither of the following devices found

Post by Immanuel »

Windows xp32 by the way.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Thanks. I moved the card to another PC with a gen1 x16 slot, and it didn't work either. Then I read the thread and tried a gen1 x1 slot, and it worked. So I brought it back to the first PC, and now it works in the gen3 X16 slot, so it is probably the less tight grip from the x16 slot on my mini-atx card which demands a high precision mounting.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

thank you, useful information.