Need tech help with broken UAD2 quad card

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Blackster

Need tech help with broken UAD2 quad card

Post by Blackster »

Hello all,

my name is Frank and I'm a full-time working composer. A friend of mine from the VI-Control forum recommended this place. Hopefully, somebody can help me with my problem, since I've heard there are lots of geniuses around this forum who know lots of DSP hardware. So, here we go:

Unfortunately and out of nowhere my UAD2 quad card broke a few days ago. It's out of the warranty time frame since I have been using this card for app. 4-5 years now. Of course, I changed slots on my motherboard and even installed it in another computer with the same result - no luck.

So I contacted the UA support (which is great btw) and they sent me to my local dealer who refused to repair the card without even having looked at it. The card looks perfectly fine from outside, no damage is visible which makes it probably hard to find the reason why it's not working anymore.

I really hope that somebody can help me with this. Of course, I don't ask you to help me for free. We can talk about rates and I'll take care of the shipping costs as well.

Please PM me! Many thanks in advance!
Fluxpod

Re: Need tech help with broken UAD2 quad card

Post by Fluxpod »

You need to send it to UA.Get in contact with them and get a RMA number.