Copperlan & Virtual Box OK

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

fra77x

Copperlan & Virtual Box OK

Post by fra77x »

Hello to all,

I have correctly used virtual box and copperlan for my music setup and i'm happy with it and i like to share the details.

My main interest was to be able to run Logic 5.5. I use it as a midi sequencer and can't find anything else to replace it, perhaps i have get used to it.

So i have a Fujitsu Lifebook i5 4core, cheap and powerful. I run windows 7 32bit on that and i connect the Xite-1.

I have installed the virtual box from Oracle. Installed windows XP sp3 virtual machine.
At the Win XP virtual box i installed Logic 5.5 easily. (haven't tested audio i use it as a midi sequencer).

Installed Copperlan on windows 7. Installed Copperlan on windows XP virtual box.

Made some changes to the network type of the win XP virtual box. (Set to "host only").

Run Logic 5.5 and set my midi outputs to Vmidi1 etc.. (-the copperlan virtual midi ports...)

I don't remember now all the details but after some minutes of setting copperlan on both sides (win 7 and win XP virtual box) i succeeded to activate the correct routing and the midi signal of logic appeared at the Xite sequencer source.

So now i can easily send midi to both Xite and through midi out to my Scope PCI system (my old pc) with 21 dsp's
from my virtual box that runs my old midi sequencer that i can't live without.

I am both fascinated with the virtual box technology which is really transparent and very fast -windows xp run like a common program, and with the Copperlan network solution. I think the midi timing is superb and was easy to set up.

Cheers