I Get Over 500 Tracks of Audio Playback!

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Polarity

Re: I Get Over 500 Tracks of Audio Playback!

Post by Polarity »

Immanuel wrote:Somehow, I do not think it is 500 tracks running between Cubase and Scope.
With an SSD drive?
Why can't be?
Unfortunately this test shows that this mobo works very well with SSDs and SATA3 bus,
but I think it's totally useless for understanding how the MSI mobo's "PCI-e to legacy PCI bridge" chipset really works with Scope cards,
if all those tracks went through one or two ASIO busses only.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

The Scope ASIO driver goes to 64 (mono) channels. I don't know how many wave drivers Win8 will allow you to load, but if it was possible, loading 250 of them would take a lot commitment.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I wasn't running 500 tracks in Scope. Just using Cubase 7 and an Echo Gina card. It would be crazy if it were possible to have 500 tracks in Scope. Scope is so incredibly tedious to use and that is why I generally do not use it for everyday work.

If your mixer is only 64 tracks, you certainly do not need an SSD drive unless you want it for rompler use.
astroman

Post by astroman »

even with way less than 500 tracks it would be ridiculous to have a dedicated fx path for each.
that's what busses are for... and 32 stereo returns is plenty. ;)

cheers, Tom
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

braincell wrote:I wasn't running 500 tracks in Scope. Just using Cubase 7 and an Echo Gina card. It would be crazy if it were possible to have 500 tracks in Scope. Scope is so incredibly tedious to use and that is why I generally do not use it for everyday work.

If your mixer is only 64 tracks, you certainly do not need an SSD drive unless you want it for rompler use.
are you kidding us??
why did you wrote and made us intend you were using Scope and Pulsar cards
if you now tell us you were using an Echo Gina for this test?
so is this a joke?

braincell wrote:I stopped the test after 500 tracks.

Scope 5 64 bit 7 ms latency at 24 bit 44.1 Khz.
Cubase 7
Pulsar 2 + Luna 2 (z-link)
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 (with 3 PCI slots)
32 Gigs Crucial Ballistix Sport (1600)
GPU GIGABYTE GV-N65TOC-2GI GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 128-bit GDDR5
Kingston SSDNOW 60 Gigs (for wav files only)
Windows 8 (64 bit)
fokas

Post by fokas »

Polarity is right ....
The way the information was presented was
at least misleading ...
I think Braincell wanted to share his happiness
concerning his new machine and was carried
away in the process .
It is not a joke ...its the kind of anecdote
that makes you think comprehension may have
a data bus that can be severed ...

Regards to all
Last edited by fokas on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

... well ...
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I have low latency on Scope so I am sure the results would be similar. Even though the mixer is limited to 64 tracks, you could still feed more than 64 tracks into it.

@Astro

One of the reasons for building this new computer is that I like mixing all songs on my album as one mix. This was pushing the limits on my old computer. In this case, 64 mono tracks certainly would not be enough.
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

this is a Pulsar/Scope forum, not Echo one...
so we are interested more in how Pulsar/Scope PCI or Xite PCIe cards actually run!
And we have already saw (and someone at his own money expense) with Pulsar/Scope PCI and new mobos that SUPPOSING is not enough.

So, or there is a real (stress) test with Scope/Pulsar modules actually involved in it, or we have nothing in our hands to be sure of anything.
Sorry, but I won't risk my money (and time specially) just on suppositions,
or confusing and misleading posts.
proof of working is a start for a try... otherwise is like a leap into the void. ;)
braincell

Post by braincell »

You really need to check the section title and subtitle. Let me make it easier for you by posting here: "Tech Talk - PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc"

I was commenting on the speed of my SSD/Motherboard combination. It's useful information for some people who are not getting the audio performance they need and thinking about upgrading. If you don't believe me so be it. I will not be running the test over again for Scope because you are so rude and no further proof will be offered.
Polarity wrote:this is a Pulsar/Scope forum, not Echo one...
so we are interested more in how Pulsar/Scope PCI or Xite PCIe cards actually run!
And we have already saw (and someone at his own money expense) with Pulsar/Scope PCI and new mobos that SUPPOSING is not enough.

So, or there is a real (stress) test with Scope/Pulsar modules actually involved in it, or we have nothing in our hands to be sure of anything.
Sorry, but I won't risk my money (and time specially) just on suppositions,
or confusing and misleading posts.
proof of working is a start for a try... otherwise is like a leap into the void. ;)
fokas

Post by fokas »

Dear Braincell ,all results are very useful and every one who takes time to test and post results
is and must be always appreciated .
The important thing as in every test is not just the result but also the conditions and factors
because this paints a better picture of your efforts that in return triggers correct answers
that benefit everyone .

Regards to all

Danny
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

@Braincell:
I apologize if I appeared (or will appear) rude, sorry that's NOT my intention.
Long experience on forums make me know how often (and easily) a cold post on a screen can be interpreted differently.
I express myself in a language that's not my native one, therefore sorry if I can't express myself in the right way sometimes.

It's more than one year I suffer of problems with tendons in my shoulders and arms, and have terrible pains sometimes after efforts or wrong movements.
Even working inside my DAW case is one of the dangerous things I can do...
so replacing my mainboard, CPU and RAM and put back all other components inside would be an hazardous risk for me at this time...
I can't even play keyboards again in this period.
So I HAVE TO be sure the best I can of which mainboard choose and mount in my DAW for my Pulsar cards, beacuse the risk for me is to suffer for nothing!

Every test and response by any user is appreciated of course,
and I appreciated a lot your responses to me through private messages,
I'm sure I expressed that and I'm sure you know that.

But as I already wrote no one can't post a result about a test listing Scope in the configuration devices, making all believing you used it, and after a week come out with "oh no, I didn't used Scope card with test but my xbrandx xxx card".
I think that was misleading, and not helpful.
EDIT: I can add that even in a private message you referred to your 500tracks test without saying you used the Echo Gina, so this made me believe you used Scope.
(Luckily the Masterverb test can't be done with any other card than a Scope OS one! :D)
But instead of explaining about your mistake (could just easy), you point to me how rude I am... if I make you notice how imprecise you are in your posts.

There are people here who think you are a lier...
I don't want to believe that, but sincerely I have to say you are sometimes inaccurate or vague in your posts...
it's not a problem, we all make mistakes, but I think it's right (and just easy) just to admit and correct them... (what's the problem with that?)
so we can all collaborate better.

I live in a country where most of people is so vague and inaccurate, especially during their jobs (and yes I hate that), creating a lot of problems to other people
and that's why my country sucks and is going to hell.

You think I'm rude, ok I'm sorry, but I will deal with it,
it's my health involved here more than my money. :)
Peace.