B75 Motherboard arriving next week

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Polarity

Re: B75 Motherboard arriving next week

Post by Polarity »

Thankyou for the update.

Anyway it's strange that initially it gave 16 Masterverb units before reinstalling Scope software and after that only 6.
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

on gearslutz a user found that B75 boards have Nuvoton chipsets (as on the ASUS P8B75-V) for PCI-e to PCI bridge instead of working with native PCI support...
interesting thing to discover that the native PCI support on B75 chipset is a sort of a hoax!
just on paper but not used then?

and searching for Nuvoton he found this page:
http://www.nuvoton.com/HQ/ENU/PRODUCTAN ... 5862D.aspx

interesting page the one about Nuvoton chipsets: reading the listed characteristics in theory they should work properly with PCI audiocards.
but actually...
garyb

Post by garyb »

that's why i say it's a matter of implimentation.

or maybe Nuvotron just makes garbage....

or maybe there is a latency in the operation of those chips that makes realtime use impossible.
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

could be...
I'll wait results from this user now:
he's going to give back the ASrock B75 board unopened and change it with a Z77 board,
being both with PCIe to PCI bridge solution.
He has a different audiocard from Scope however.
dawman

Post by dawman »

IMHO It's ASUS who chooses the garbage. This is not the first time they have used inferioir, non-working solutions and released them.
This is normal for big companies to do, then ASUS always fixes their users requests when found to be non functional, but the company is so big, things get overlooked.
One of the main reasons I love MSI. On their forum you can write them and show what you have found and in relatively quick time they fix things....I like that, and it's why I tried them out years back.
I am on my 3rd build using MSI and I have never once had any issues, until I tried to load 24GBs of RAM on my first i7 upgrade.
Turns out that the OS would not recognize the DIMMs if they ran at speeds over the stock recomendations. I was running DIMMs @ 1.65v, as soon as I went down to 1.5v, Voila.
But even then this was not a fault of MSI.
So with 3 x motherboards from newegg over thast 4 years, every one of them worked like Sled Dogs, and took all torture tests w/o incidents.

My only suggestion is to buy a board with at least 1 BIOS ugrade, which means the motherboard is around 6 months old.
Scope users don't need the newest stuff, just the best stuff.... :wink:
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

If you are interested I updated my findings about B75 mobos with this new topic
http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31818