Virtual MIDI I/O not showing after install of SCOPE

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

kweithman

Virtual MIDI I/O not showing after install of SCOPE

Post by kweithman »

Hi all - I recently bought and installed SCOPE 5.1 software (64bit) for my Win7 machine. I cannot "find" the "virtual" Sonic Core Midi Ins and Outs that I want to use to connect to my sequencer (Cubase SX 2.2)........looking back at the install instructions, I might not have installed the 5.1 as Administrator - would that be the reason my machine cannot see any of these virtual MIDIs? If true, do I need to uninstall/reinstall 5.1 with Admin rights?

Thanks!
garyb

Re: Virtual MIDI I/O not showing after install of SCOPE

Post by garyb »

no, that's not the problem.

is there sequencer midi source and destination modules in the routing window BEFORE opening the sequencer?

you don't need to INSTALL Scope as administrator, you need to RUN Scope as administrator. this has nothing to do with midi. it's necessary for plugins that use the computer's resources like memory and cpu cycles. to run Scope as administrator right click on the Scope icon and choose "run as administrator". you will get a warning window asking if you want to allow the Scope program to make changes to the system. you must choose "yes". to make a usual left click start Scope in administrator mode, right click on the icon and choose "properties". on the "Shortcut" tab go to advanced options. put a check mark in "run as administrator".
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Also,
1. make sure scope is up & running as administrator,
2. and there are MIDI input & output ports in the project window (as many as you'd like the DAW to see),
3. *THEN* open your DAW.
kweithman

Post by kweithman »

thanks garyb and jk - I do launch SCOPE in Admin mode (and have made that permanent via Properties....)

Regarding the virtual MIDI I/O - problem solved - I was the problem! :roll: :lol:

If I remember right, when I was running SCOPE 4.5 on my Win XP machine, the virtual MIDI I/O was called something like "Sonic Core Midi Ins and Outs" (or maybe "Creamware..." even) - even the manual refers to them as "Sonic Core MIDI Out." So when I saw "SCOPE PCI MIDI 1" and "SCOPE PCI MIDI 2" show up in Cubase (and MIDI-OX, for that matter), I MISTOOK those names for the PHYSICAL MIDI I/O connectors on my breakout cables (the physical MIDI I/O in the Routing Window I believe are named "Pulsar MIDI A Source" and "...Dest"). Since I have never hooked up those physical connectors in XP (nor have any plan to do so in W7), I didn't check them initially in Cubase to see if in fact they were the virtual MIDI I/O - but they were, they are, and everything is now working cooperatively! Cool!

I see also how to add more virtual MIDI I/O.....

Thanks again for the help!
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
dante

Post by dante »

Yep in old Scope there was something called the 'I/O Enabler' for turning on/off the MIDI ports.