General Opinions MOBO's ASrock

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

fraz

General Opinions MOBO's ASrock

Post by fraz »

Hi,

I've got the understanding that Asus are the best MOBO's - just like Intel are the best processors.....

Just looking through PC specs etc..... I've come accross a number of times ASrock MOBO's -

Are these generally very good? - I think the answer is yes as there are some folks on other tech forums who like them.

What do the people here think of them?

For a while now I look for "by default" ASUS mobo's when considering a new PC....

Whats ASRock really like? :)

To keep things simple-if I had a PC with one of these installed instead of AN "xxx" Asus mobo what would the real difference be with music apps that we all use here
Bud Weiser

Re: General Opinions MOBO's ASrock

Post by Bud Weiser »

fraz wrote:Hi,

I've got the understanding that Asus are the best MOBO's - just like Intel are the best processors.....
No, Intel boards are good build quality as well as reliability, EVGA and Supermicro are superior.
fraz wrote: Just looking through PC specs etc..... I've come accross a number of times ASrock MOBO's -

Are these generally very good? - I think the answer is yes as there are some folks on other tech forums who like them.

What do the people here think of them?

For a while now I look for "by default" ASUS mobo's when considering a new PC....

Whats ASRock really like? :)

To keep things simple-if I had a PC with one of these installed instead of AN "xxx" Asus mobo what would the real difference be with music apps that we all use here
ASRock is low cost ASUS brand.

Bud
fraz

Post by fraz »

Hi Bud,

I did read online that ASrock are owned by Asus and is a budget version.... I didn't realise.

I'll check out the other two you mentioned...... :)
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

actually i'm using asrock z68 pro 3m, i haven't bought it to use with the xite-1, it was already there and it works very well.
The bios is full of features and you can tweak almost anything.
I'm talking about 1 year of full use with the xite-1 and haven't had any problems.