What today hardware configuration for Pulsar 2+ would you re

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

Lex

Post by Lex »

Hello, one year ago i bought a Pulsar 2+ card along with a new computer (Athlon 550, Gigabyte 7IX mobo) But since then it never really work for unknown reason because i tested a lot of solutions. Anyway I've plan to buy a new computer, but i want to be shure. Because i use a lot gigasampler i need ULL to be really small (4ms is perfect!)
For those who have stable configuration what would you recommand ? Athlon or Pentium, what motherboard, what video card...
Thanks by advance.
topbanana

Post by topbanana »

Over 2 u I think Subhuman. Your the whizzz here.

TB
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

I prefer Intel if you are using DSP cards, for the simple fact that the Intel chipsets are better with PCI throughput.

Check out the Infinite Vortex site for an example of known-good Creamware configurations, and pay attention to the chipset selection:
http://www.infinitevortex.com

Intel chipsets: i815,i845,i850
AMD Chipset: AMD760

I am trying to steer people towards the i850 solution (with a 1.8Ghz, this removes $300 from the price instead of the 2.0Ghz), since the i845 solution won't give the best performance until next year when it supports DDR memory.
Lex

Post by Lex »

Thanks a lot Sub, even if athlon are way much cheaper, I think I'm going for a P4. As my actual computer already have the AMD 760 chipset and this computer doesn't work (always get an error starting at 0167:something but randomly on different .exe and .dll, even on screen saver!!! : don't know if it's related, but won't take the risk)