Anyone use sonar with pulsa2.4 and win 98 with any success??

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

captain kirkus

Post by captain kirkus »

I want to buy sonar and would like to know if it will work for pulsar 2.4 and win 98 system
thnx bros
hairbrain

Post by hairbrain »

Yep I work this config, mainly due to GigaStudio not yet supporting win2k. Everything works fine, although Pulsars lack of WDM drivers under win98 means that some of Sonar's more powerful features are not easily usable (DXi's, and input monitoring).

However.... upgrade to v3 and win2k and things are starting to get more exciting. Pulsar v3 HAS got WDM drivers under win2k. Although there was noticable latency when I tested it (still vaguely playable), the key thing is that DXi's and input monitoring do work with v3 under win2k. Make sure, however, that you also upgrade to the latest fix of Sonar as Sonar 1.00 has big problems with v3.
Funktastico

Post by Funktastico »

What Sonar version you working?
Coz on my Sonar 1.02 and Pulsar 2 v.3 I can't get DXi's to play in sync with my external midi gear or Pulsar synths. Sucks very badly. Probably same thing with audio tracks too, haven't tried yet.

My system is 800mhz Duron, Win XP, all XP graphical effects turned off and disbled all unnecessary system services... What more is there to do?

Toni L.
http://www.mp3.com/NativeAlien