jan2003-ModI-kiem odv3

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

borg

Post by borg »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Electronic<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Effects,Pulsar Mixers,Pulsar Synths<BR> copyright © 2002-borg technologies<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> edit: just entered the contest, because the rules are not what they seem to be :wink:

unfortunately, this track is too long to make it for the contest :wink: size 5.4Mb

hehe, the reason why i didn't make it a january contest song, is that i just took two patches without really adding something (rhythm set and lorello, as far as i can remember). just two (and a half) midi tracks, routed to various channels and flavoured with tons of pulsar fx (STW, PT reverb, pan, pitch shift, 4 pole,... )

i need to put this one aside for a while: it's not your every day morning coffee music.

had to work a bit on the automation, because there were lots of clicks when doing fader moves etc. :evil: first time i did this much automation :oops: so any recommendations are welcome.

i had a bit of trouble to get the sound right, and even now, it's not really that good, imho. too many frequencies...

please, feel free to comment. let's not discuss the musical style :lol: but the sonic 'qualities'.

enjoy or be annoyed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: borg on 2002-12-17 20:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: borg on 2003-01-13 05:20 ]</font>
hubird

Post by hubird »

Supertrack, Borg!!
Great sounds, it's like an classical orchestra just allowed to play nonconventional on their acoustic instruments.
I would call it 'prepared orchestra', free to J. Cage (if I'm right) :wink:
Great!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2002-12-20 00:50 ]</font>
cook

Post by cook »

Yes, super track, borg!

The frequencies are not too much (my Syrincs MS220 are quite vulnerable), but really enjoyable sounds.
A dramatic surrealistic orchestra piece! I can imagine dancers could get excited with this.
Well done!
at0m

Post by at0m »

impressed, once more: very 'unstable' music, i love the modulation that makes it sound so organic. :cool:
borg

Post by borg »

:lol: an orchestra??? i hear dislocated beats and hell's bells! anyway, thanks for the warm replies!

funny thing: it's not the first time people associate my stuff with a dance ensemble, and i would surely like to see it happening in the future. i must get out and find some like minded modern dancers. i'm about to get back on stage for the first time since 1999. i'll be doing some private show in a few months, just a selection of friends, but when i really go out, i'd want it to be more than just a guy turning knobs. i wanna be in the back, doing my thing, and let the people see things too, dancers, video, or whatever.
there's already enough laptopgeeks (not that i mind, not at all! ) but for me, it's gotta be a bit more.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

sounds like when I'm trying to remember something. but can't grasp the memory. Personally would prefer the bells to sound more distant.. but this definitely works. Would work very well for contemporary dancing.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

I like this tune. no real constructive criticism to offer, other than you come out with 'em far too seldom. :wink:

I just got contacted from some modern dance company from the Netherlands . . . they are going to use one of my tunes for a show. you haven't heard that song before.

Good luck in similar pursuits, Andy.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

*bump*
borg

Post by borg »

i'll upload the presets (as the patches are the old mod1 stock ones) when i get back in DAW mode later.

yes, ken. i feel melancholy. it's just the guy i am. only 30 years old, but already thinking a lot about childhood, the house i used to live in, school, summer holidays,...
already did several other mixes which i hope you guys will hear later :wink:

and hubird: what's up with j.cage? i've heard the name before and i know sonic youth did some kind of tribute, but that's where my knowledge stops. will look for it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: borg on 2003-01-13 05:36 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

J. Cage was the guy who started the whole "prepaired piano" concept like messing up the wiring etc. etc. Actually, John Cage started a bunch of things. Strange guy, really.
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

The Borg Orchestra - sounds cool, doesn't it? It reminds me my experiment-loving-years (early '90). Your tunes reninds me Umma Gumma by Pink Floyd (especially the percussive composition by Nick Mason) one one hand and Coil (Love's secret Domain) on the other hand. Anyway good neighbourhood, Andy!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I agree with Ken, but to me, is even more intense than looking something into my mind, it’s rather like being anguish to death.
FreiFlug

Post by FreiFlug »

Crazy! :grin: