Electronic jams

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Electronic jams

Post by at0m »

Hi,

It's been way too long since I've worked with Scope. Ever since my DSP cards died on me, I've moved on, totally dropped Windows and use just Debian on my computers. But the biggest change is probably that I've changed to working an all-hardware setup: my studio is now based around a 24tr Soundcraft mixing desk, analog drummachine, bassstation, an mpc2000xl (have to rtfm on that latter still), and a rack of hw fx.

Recently moved all out of the living room which I've outgrown into dedicated "studio1", the first of my 2 rooms that I ~finished box-in-box. Still a WIP, but you get an idea from this panoramic. Moved over most the music gear I could find around the house and am now connecting the last bits, though more gear (akai samplers, mixer, old mac G5) is scheduled to arrive by the end of the month.

My Debian DAW has an RME Digi9652, and with 3 ADAT converters, Ardour does a great job for tracking our live jams. So I multi-track our jams, both audio and MIDI, and if I ever feel surgical again, I may revisit the multi's, arrange and distil actual tunes out of that. Will see. For now, it's just too much fun to jam and fiddle knobs ;p
During a recent visit to a local hackerspace, someone gave (!) me a Pulsar2 XTC card for free, they were about to throw it away. I hope it still works, will try it in that G5, and add one of the IO boards from my old Pulsar2/Scope cards. If that works, I'll be scoping and patching again like in the old days \o/

Meanwhile, I put some rough crops from the jams out on my soundcloud: The first of these two recent works is some minimalistic techno and the second is more relax and easy going.

So, I hope that XTC card still works and I can become a true member of this community again!

Greetings,
at0m
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
dawman

Re: Electronic jams

Post by dawman »

Nice to see you back at0m.
Love the FX and the verb on the pitched wood block sounds like hardware because it’s so separated from the delays.
I love leaving the box and coming back in via voltage.

Cheerz

Scope4Live
astroman

Post by astroman »

sliding between dub and techno, grooves :)

afaik the G5 got 3.3V slots only, no Scope cards possible - but it doesn't run OS9 anyway, sorry for bad news.
welcome back and cheers, Tom
at0m

Post by at0m »

Got the mpc debricked, that was quite an undertaking https://i.imgur.com/S7Wh0gr.jpg but hey, it works again \o/ now i can finally go work some on arrangements and driving the synths etc =)

astroman, duh, that's not so good news on the G5.. maybe i'll revive one of the P4's from my puter museum, and try the card in that. will see.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio